Castle sets aren't that bad, compared to . . . .

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

*Sigh* Those sets are terrible, as well as the new castle. Both great themes die to junorization.

What would we do without Harry!

DM
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Harry the Peach-skin? :cry:

For yellow lovers, looks like BL is the only place left...
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Devari wrote:Harry the Peach-skin? :cry:

For yellow lovers, looks like BL is the only place left...
Oops, I probably should claify on that. I'm no fan of the storyline, or figs. I love the parts though. They will provide us with the doors, accessories, windows, animals and other things the KKII doesn't have. That I am looking foward too. The peach skins suck though! Its ok if it is only in the movie based sets (I rarely use those heads). But if it is in all sets than....that would.....I would....those lousy....darn.....Well, I would be quite upset!

DM
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

hope springs eternal!

i will not lose faith! oh but to have a great designer rise from the chaos and conquer the evil ranks of the juniorizers! HAZAA!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Re: Castle sets aren't that bad, compared to . . . .

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Sir_Marcellus wrote:A dumb-looking raft with a catapult and a lantern. On a raft!
Okay, the model looks like crap, but IMHO, the parts look good: six brown rounded bricks, 8x8 dark gray grill plate, chrome scimitar (:D), flag, rods, tree leaf and black catapult. A decent parts pack.

If only it was $4!!
(it won't be of course, more like $7 :evil:)
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

OMG, I just started reading the posts here, and clicked the link to the pirate stuff. We need more pirate legends, because this new stuff sucks... :cry:

LR
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

I know these sets are meant to be Jr as they are meant for little kids, but what parent would buy these over those cool Pirate/Castle/Fire Imaginext sets? I sure wouldn't.
Linus
Freeman

Post by Linus »

LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

You can count me out too. Terrible pirate sets. Disappointing. :(
Taki
Villein

Post by Taki »

Hey fits nice into my dustbin!
Another great mistke by the Lego. Lego != Fisher Prize!
AoErat
Villein

Post by AoErat »

Ugh, terrible. When I was five I had *real* pirate sets, which suited me just fine. I would have hated this simplistic crap.
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Yeah, when I was five I had the Renegade Runner and some other small sets. Now I just have the R. R.'s hull, but I have the Black Seas Barracuda. I love that so much better than these new "boats."
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I think those 4 Juniors sets shouldn't be considered "Pirates" sets. It's more like - let's say - the Fabuland's Mississippi Steamer. That hasn't been a "Western" set, either. And who (besides me) would consider the Belville Fairy Tale sets "Castle"...?

There is no LEGO Pirates line right now. (Alas!)

Bye
Jojo

wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I consider the Belville Fairy Tale line to have its merits. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is castle, but I have purchased all the sets. As I have said before, my daughter loves them. If she ever grows out of them I will have a wealth of unusual pieces to add to my world. :D :D :D

Back on topic, I may buy a few of the smaller Jack Stone Pirate sets once they get discounted. Interesting parts are interesting parts. No if only that ship hull had been old brown, then I would have bought it as well...

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

wlister wrote:I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is castle, but I have purchased all the sets.
So did I. And I do not even have a daughter... (Don't have the Ice Palace and later sets, though. Still too pricey.)
I may buy a few of the smaller Jack Stone Pirate sets once they get discounted. Interesting parts are interesting parts.
Exactly. Luckily the smallest of the sets seems to contain some cool parts like a chrome scimitar. I'm almost sure I'll get this.

Bye
Jojo