What is your favorite faction ?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

What is your favorite faction between Lion Crest, Black Falcon, Black Knights ?

Lion Crest
22%
Black Falcons
58%
Black Knights
20%

Total votes: 45

Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

the dragons...
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Post by Dan_BL »

David Girard wrote:
I always thought of the two different kinds of lion crests (blue field with gold lion and gold field with blue lion) as two different orders of knights serving the same cause (Like the knights hospitaller and templar during the crusades)
I don't think we can apply this example to Lions. The Crest is too much similar. Only the family links can make it possible. Blue-Yellow, Yellow-Blue with the same Crest. That's almost the same.

I studied a bit in heraldry in french royal Capetian family (987-1328). The Crest of France, is obviously the lys flower(most of the time yellow or white lys on blue field). So each members of this family has it's own variation of the same crest. Sometime it was a change in color, sometime it was an addition, sometime it was a motif change. Not only France do that. Subsequent dynasty too.

Kind of like the Black Falcons Dave? Blue shields....grey shields.......yellow shields.......?
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Black Falcons all the way

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

I voted for the Black Falcon. I like their crest and color. :D
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

That's kind of the same thing for Black Falcons, Dan. But the gray shield could not be consider as a crest. It's only a metal round shield, without crest.

Lions had one on 6039, Forestmen had one on 1877 and Black Falcons on 6030. So it's not a faction shield. It's a ordinary metal shield.
Linus
Freeman

Post by Linus »

Crusaders all the way!!!!!!

P.S. I also like the Black Falcons.