What is your favorite faction ?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

What is your favorite faction between Lion Crest, Black Falcon, Black Knights ?

Lion Crest
22%
Black Falcons
58%
Black Knights
20%

Total votes: 45

David Girard
Journeyman

What is your favorite faction ?

Post by David Girard »

What is your favorite faction between Lion Crest (Crusaders), Black Falcon, Black Knights ?
Just answer to the poll...

It seem that there are many fans of each of these factions, but which is the favorite.

Me it's Black Falcons
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Black Falcon...

...but I really love the original Forestmen (not the retarded dark forest ones).

I also think Wolf Pack was good, but all they got was 3 small/medium sets, so they didn't leave much of an impression on anybody.
dookie
Serf

Post by dookie »

Black Falcon, good guys or not :D
I like Cup Ramen! What I like even more is the Ramen from the Ichiraku that Iruka Sensei bought me. What I dislike is waiting the three minutes for the Cup Ramen to cook. My hobby is eating lots of Cup Ramen!
- Uzumaki Naruto (Naruto ep. 4)
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Black Falcons - and I believe Classic Castle didn't have bad guys.

Each faction was simply that, a different faction in the continuing fight for survival.

I've seen some people write up the factions into a history - which would be fun, i think.

Funk Cold
-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Magnus
Artisan

fave faction

Post by Magnus »

I pay fealty to the Lord of the black and white falcon on the black and white field and no other!

I dunno, the Black Falcons always looked a little badder, but they were just downright cooler than the Crusdaers. I've always liked Blue, and their banner is simple but original, as oposed to the Crusaders, who'se rampant lion on a blue field rips off half the kings of Medieval Europe. I guess I always assumed the Crusaders were a royal faction, and the Black Falcons were the faction of a powerful duke or something.

One thing that has always annoyed me about lego factions is that they have different versions of their coats of arms. The Crusaders have as their main emblem a golden lion on a blue field, but they also have a blue lion on a golden field, and the apparently related crossed axes. In my personal armies, I seperate these into 3 different factions:

The gold lions on blue field are the main Royal faction.

The blue lions on a golden field (wearing scale armour, as there is no surcoat motif for them) are like the King's brother's faction, allied (usually), but seperate and theoretically independent.

The crossed axes are their own faction of mercenaries, who often attach themselves to other factions (presently in the pay of King Leo, as his halberdiers). And they carry no shields.

Similarly the Black falcons had two kinds of shields, one with a blue rim,and one with a yellow (gold)

I arrange them so that the main Black Falcon army has the shields with the blue rim, and there is a seperate small faction of dudes in black and dark grey (fright knight) armour who carry Black Falcons shields with the the golden rim.

I loved the forestmen,and I don't distinguish between the original ones and the black forest ones. I actually like the black forest ones a lot, it was nice to get som new peasant type torsos. But it never made sense to me that an outlaw band would have its own coat of arms, so I've made many of the forestmen into their own military faction with helmets and all, carrying the elk shield. Similarly, all my wolfpack are their own military faction, with helmets, knights etc, and their wolf shields.

The outlaws in my kingdom have no coat of arms.
stuifzand
Archer

Post by stuifzand »

I voted Black Falcon, but it should've been Forestmen.
If you're a Dutch legofan, visit [url=http://www.lowlug.nl]Lowlug[/url]!
Kev
Bailiff

I voted for Lion Crest...

Post by Kev »

...while I really voted for Crossed Axes. While really wanting to vote for White Cross or 677... :?
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

None of the 3 factions are good or bad. They fights agaisnt each other sometimes, and sometimes they make alliances.

My opinion is that Lions and Black Knights are Royal. As Magnus said, Falcons are Duke. That's what i Think.

It explain why you see Falcons and Lions together on 6041 Armor shop, and 6067 Guarded Inn. These set are not supposed to be linked with 6080. My opinion is that they are supposed to be link with 6074. So it make Lions Knights on a Falcon fortress ! It's simple. Falcons are vassals of the Lions. Lions are their master. But Flacons are not always loyal. So Lions have to fights them in 6062 Battering Ram, to demonstrate that they are their masters.

Black Knights and Lions are neighbor friend Kingdom. They didn't fight in any sets and on any catalog. They tournament together in 6060 Knight Challenge. :)

That's the theories I made after many hours of analyse of the Lego castles sets and catalogs.

There is more complex theories to explain. So I think I'll write my theories in a story and send it on this site. It will be interesting, I think. :wink:
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I like the colour scheme of the BF's. The Crusaders are very cool though as well. However they are not an option for this particular poll. Lion knights have a bit of an unusual "device" (lions head roaring) and had too much white in their uniforms.
jcrasterman
Gong Farmer

Post by jcrasterman »

rogue27 wrote:Black Falcon...
I also think Wolf Pack was good, but all they got was 3 small/medium sets, so they didn't leave much of an impression on anybody.
yes........ this is realy true.....
Wolf Pack rules :twisted:

everybody knows about Takeshi Itou and his Castle Element isn't it..... not???.... too bad..... look then this....

http://home.att.ne.jp/apple/hachi/ce_top.htm
(Takeshi has updated his web recently, so you MUST visit it anyway :shock: )

Ok...

Takeshi build one of my favorites MOCs, The Town Inn with the Thieves Hideout.....
http://home.att.ne.jp/apple/hachi/ce_ga_le15c.htm
since I saw it, I think that Wolf Pack is one of the most interesting factions.....
A Thieves guild introduce lot of playability.....
They are the sly sorts......

so if i could my vote is for the Wolf Pack.... If not.... Black Falcons are cool too......

john
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Just to make the thing clear. The Lion Crest does not refer to the Royal Kingdom. Not the white Lions.

Lions Crest (1984-1992)
Black Falcon (1984-1990)
Black Knights (1988-1992)
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Dark Forest was not terrible. If I was collecting LEGO at the time, I would have bought them, but the set designs just don't seem to make as much sense as the original Forestmen theme. Either way, they still contained a lot of useful figures and parts.

I really like the Wolf Pack stuff, but sadly, it came out right around the time I stopped collecting LEGO and although I almost bought Wolfpack Tower, I was too embarrassed to take them to the checkout counter and put them back instead of buying them. I don't have any embarrassment about buying LEGO now, but when I was around 15, I couldn't get myself to do it for some reason. I'd always tell myself that I was too old.

One thing I dislike about Forestmen and Wolfpack is that they have shields... I mean, it's like "Hey guards! Come check out my shield bearing the emblem of a band of thieves! I want to ride in the back of the dungeon hunters wagon!"
The Wolfpack
Gong Farmer

Post by The Wolfpack »

The absolutely greatest sets of all time involve the Black Falcons, so why is a poll even needed to prove that. The only thing that ever bothered me is that in some Black Falcon sets they show a Black Falcon infantryman with a spear and a shield. In history, spearmen and pikemen never carried shields because a spear/pike involves two hands to attack.
"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country" -- Nathan Hale

Long live the Wolfpack
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

I was sure that the Falcons were the most popular, but not as much as it. It seem that Lions and Blacks Knights are about equal in popularity.
Neverroads
Serf

Post by Neverroads »

Of course I voted for Crusaders. These guys have a Dutch lion on their chest, so what else can I do than vote for them :-)

Casper.