Horses

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Barbapple
Steward

Horses

Post by Barbapple »

I havn't been getting lego castle for a long time, and I need horses. Does anyone know a currently out set that has horses(not one in the lego S@H). It would be a big help if u well.....helped....thanks in advance. :twisted:
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

Not unless you count Belville. :)
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

what's belvil?
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

Its a theme for girls, all the cool hp parts were belville first ;) Its a slightly larger scale than LEGO (ok, about 3 times bigger ;)) And the horses are not minifig scale. If you can find any of the wild west sets around where you live, they have horses

http://www.belville-girl.tk <-- my cousin's belville site designed by me :P
Last edited by adm_matthew on Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

This Image

is belville *yuck* About as much creativity as that new pirate stuff
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

ok......i don't like that. or the new pirate sets, but don't get me started!
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: Horses

Post by footsteps »

Barbapple wrote:I havn't been getting lego castle for a long time, and I need horses. Does anyone know a currently out set that has horses(not one in the lego S@H). It would be a big help if u well.....helped....thanks in advance. :twisted:
Or you can make your own.

[shameless plug]
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=568972
[/shameless plug]

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

There are often lots of 2 to 5 or 6 horses with or without sadles and/or barding on Ebay (www.ebay.com), usually for a cheap price.

Mr. D
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Post by Dan_BL »

You'd probably be best to settle for Bricklink if you're looking for horses (or ebay for that matter).

www.bricklink.com
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Yes, I agree to that. You only need horses and not other parts. So, I suggest you go to Bricklink to buy. For ebay, I feel the prices tend to be higher and if you are bidding, you would have to wait and compete with other bidders.

Just my two cents. :)

Erwin
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

LEGO_KNIGHT wrote:Yes, I agree to that. You only need horses and not other parts. So, I suggest you go to Bricklink to buy. For ebay, I feel the prices tend to be higher and if you are bidding, you would have to wait and compete with other bidders.

Just my two cents. :)

Erwin

Actually, my experience is otherwise. Prices are higher on Bricklink.

On eBay, buyers have to happen by looking for the item, and then be willing to accept it in whatever lot size is offered, often with ancillary pieces that you aren't looking for. The sale has to happen NOW. All these are factors that drive the price down. I built up a large part of my minifig collection by buying mixed lots - homogeneous lots (all Wolfpack, for example) almost always would go for more than an equal number of a mixed lot, though I could still get these usually cheaper than BrickLink. But finding them is harder.

On Bricklink, the seller doesn't have to make the sale NOW. He can wait - and sets the price accordingly. Prices that are low are usually snapped up very quickly via passive alerts buyers can set up - eBay you have to go looking for them. That being said, I have gotten good deals on BrickLink, but if I don't have to have a particular item right away, trolling for deals on eBay has worked better.

And that's the big advantage of BrickLink - you can order exactly what you want and need without any delay or lost deals. eBay is for the patient bidder - if you aren't patient, then you might as well go straight to BrickLink.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Actually, my experience is otherwise. Prices are higher on Bricklink.

On eBay, buyers have to happen by looking for the item, and then be willing to accept it in whatever lot size is offered, often with ancillary pieces that you aren't looking for. The sale has to happen NOW. All these are factors that drive the price down. I built up a large part of my minifig collection by buying mixed lots - homogeneous lots (all Wolfpack, for example) almost always would go for more than an equal number of a mixed lot, though I could still get these usually cheaper than BrickLink. But finding them is harder.
True. To me, both Bricklink and eBay has its pros and cons. But usually if castle parts are auctioned, it attracts many bidders. I once saw a seller list 5 helmets for $13 under the 'Buy it now' section. I also saw people bid $70 for 20 Knight Kingdom minifigs when you can get the same amount for $46 at Bricklink.
And that's the big advantage of BrickLink - you can order exactly what you want and need without any delay or lost deals. eBay is for the patient bidder - if you aren't patient, then you might as well go straight to BrickLink.
Again, I agree with you. eBay is for patient bidders AND for those who are willing to bid higher. I feel it is up to the individual buyer to compare prices. Oh..and eBay sometimes do have those rare parts on auction that you cant find at Bricklink.

Cheers :)
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Hm... Nutella....

Hungry....

...off to the kitchen....

Never ate horsemeat, though.
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »