Viking faction

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Loneranger
Landlord

Viking faction

Post by Loneranger »

What if Lego made a Viking faction?. Me and my brothers have aways been playing Vikings and forestmen and anything else thats in our history or not in our history books =D

LR
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

-deleted
Last edited by Dragon Master on Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Re: Viking faction

Post by LEGOFREAK »

lone ranger wrote:What if Lego made a Viking faction?. Me and my brothers have aways been playing Vikings and forestmen and anything else thats in our history or not in our history books =D

LR
LR - PM me with your snail mail address and I will mail you some of my torso stickers...
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=601674

LF
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I like your beserkers, Lego Freak :D (No, not asking for torso stickers, just commenting :wink: )
Troy T. Moore
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

LOL, you have my e-mail LF, just e-mail me =P
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Troy T. Moore wrote:I like your beserkers, Lego Freak :D (No, not asking for torso stickers, just commenting :wink: )
thanks - i have since changed the colors though. now i have brown, black and white as well as the grey furry vest. I also colored in different colors on the "arm holes" so now its more like a furry vest with a tunic underneath... I will post some pics later.. :D

LF
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

lone ranger wrote:
What if Lego made a Viking faction?. Me and my brothers have aways been playing Vikings and forestmen and anything else thats in our history or not in our history books =D

LR
That would be great. :) This will expand the TLC theme. It will not hurt to have Romans, Turks and Greeks faction too. :wink:

Thanks. :)

Erwin
Duchessa
Serf

Post by Duchessa »

Legofreak: Great work! I really like those torsos!

I'm just curious, though... where are the female vikings? :)

/ Duchessa,
as close as you can get to a female Viking these days :P
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Duchessa wrote:Legofreak: Great work! I really like those torsos!

I'm just curious, though... where are the female vikings? :)

/ Duchessa,
as close as you can get to a female Viking these days :P
good question - any suggestions on what sort of clothes that a female viking would wear? aside from a valkryie I mean?

Freak
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I make my own Norseman. They're made up of Ulfsarks, Berzerkers, Jarls, Huskarls, and Hersirs.

TY, Age of Mythology for providing a source of historically accurate unit names!:D
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I'm thinking of building some viking stuff, But I think TLC really needs viking's and Roman's :D
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

JPinoy wrote:I make my own Norseman. They're made up of Ulfsarks, Berzerkers, Jarls, Huskarls, and Hersirs.

TY, Age of Mythology for providing a source of historically accurate unit names!:D
Top to bottom, more or less:

Kings
Jarls
Minor Noblemen and Royal Agents (hersars, hersirs, bryti, lendermen)
Hirdmen or Huscarls - professional warriors (hired or household guards)
Berserkers and Ulfhednars (haven't seen the term "ulfsark" before, but I presume they meant the same thing as Ulfhednar, "wolf shirt" rather than "wolf skin") - let's use a really technical term to describe them: wackos that go functionally insane in combat!

All the preceeding are elite warriors to one degree or another, and are more likely to be better armed and armored. A major expedition or war would draw more and more on the Thingmen, who were less likely to have much in the way of armor and use cheaper weapons.

Thingmen: bondi, yeomen, and a variety of other names I don't recall.

Making Vikings: The flaired helm is perfect for vikings, with or without the chain neck protector. The bat helm sans wings isn't bad in certain respects - I trim it heavily to make a spectacle helm for the nobles, but it kinda works as a spectacle helmet with full aventail visually if you just dump the wings. Round shields however you want to make them. The elite classes can use the various scale armors Lego makes (classic scale, KK Leo and Bull scale), or go download my chain mail torso sticker (I recommend a dark gray torso for that). Swords, one and two-handed axes (the early lego Halbard). Thingmen are fine with a mix of Star Wars robes, peasants, padded, cloth, and leather armor, and hand axes, bows, and spears for weapons. Other recommendations?
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Mani
Villein

Post by Mani »

Dragon Master wrote:They would be bad guys pf course. After all Vikings were :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: evil :evil: :evil: :evil:
Stop it! I've always loved vikings. But maybe it's because I'm a Norwegian.

Viking faction? Would've been great. It would also been great with mythology factions, both Norse, Greek, and others.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

-deleted
Last edited by Dragon Master on Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duchessa
Serf

Post by Duchessa »

Maybe not, DM, but that's not the only thing the Vikings did. Although the good stuff kind of got lost along the way. And I can assure you that the Viking women seems like very peaceful people, and they are at least 50% of the Viking tribe :D