Dragon Masters

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

I always have and always will love the dragon masters. I liked the torsos and heads. I liked the cloth capes. My Freind has a number of these sets and they are very good!

Off topic, as the person above, would anyone want to sell me one, just one, dragon night? Any head. Any torso. Any weapon. Please *Cute eyes*
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Well, I have some Dragon Masters, but I don't want to sell. But I'm telling you man, Bricklink! If your looking for those and horses Bricklink! If you want to pay cash you can in a lot of stores!

DM
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

But I also agree that the Dragon Masters line was the beginning of a downward slide for the LEGO Castle theme.
Right. And look what it's lead to! Oh, well; maybe the Castle line has got as bad as it will get, and start improving with the next line.

Mr. D
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Although my first Castle set was the Forest Men one with the hay, its the Black Knights I feel the most attached to. So much so that I turned them in to the Kahilawayan Empire.

Dragon Masters are an off-shoot of the Kahilawayans, basically they are migrants who settled in other placed far away from the Kahilawayan homeland (ancient Philippines). ;)

This armor avatar I have is of Philippine design, but only a replica of actual pre-spanish colonial era armor.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Soldiers: The torso of the knights is a little odd, especially with the two colored legs (what was that about?). But the foot soldier guys are pretty cool. And the red haired face I like.

Dragon Helmet: I am not overly fond of the helmets. Something about them just doesn't look right to me.

Halbreds: not real fond of these either. They are just too big to be wielded, even in the Lego realm.

Wizard: a great addition. Nothing to complain about. The torso makes for a great peasant. The beard is really good. And the wizard hat was long over do.

And I like the Dragon. True, could be bigger, but what can you do? I'd love to see some more in other colors.

Steve
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I too would like more dragons! How about Blue! That would rock!

DM
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

I agree. Blue Dragons would be a great match to the soldiers with the Blue Dragon shields....
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

I think the two-colored legs might have been tights!
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

I think that the two-colored-legs (Black and blue) added some sort of majesty to that carracter (The DM him self)

He looked like a real king or at least a high ranked nobleman.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

kajo163 wrote:I think that the two-colored-legs (Black and blue) added some sort of majesty to that carracter (The DM him self)

He looked like a real king or at least a high ranked nobleman.
Exactly! In fact TLC was so fond of the regal face they used it as the king for the royal knights.

DM
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Maybe they´re brothers :D
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I love Dragon Masters, they're so much the really evil, kick-butt villains of Lego Castle. They have the evil-looking castles and men, and the wicked weapons, too. They are really a classic (Even though the set designs are horrible.) Majisto is a little wimpy looking, though.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

JPinoy wrote:Although my first Castle set was the Forest Men one with the hay, its the Black Knights I feel the most attached to. So much so that I turned them in to the Kahilawayan Empire.

Dragon Masters are an off-shoot of the Kahilawayans, basically they are migrants who settled in other placed far away from the Kahilawayan homeland (ancient Philippines). ;)

This armor avatar I have is of Philippine design, but only a replica of actual pre-spanish colonial era armor.
Is that all you ever talk about?
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Sir Terrance
Councilor

I like the dragons.

Post by Sir Terrance »

The castles do come with good parts, and LOTS of burps in some. (I like burps, speed up building mountains!) I never really did like the faces of the figs, but then again, All you have to do is pop the head off and add a classic smiley face! I really like the dragon plumes that came often in the sets and really think the dragon helm is cool. The shields also had a nice design. Majisto (or whatever his name is) has a great face (being the classic smiley :wink: ) and his torso was good for peasants (thats where all mine came from!). I like the dragons since they are nicely made and are the perfect size for mini-figs to ride, but for monsterous fire breathing flying lizards (which those little things are supposed to be) I perfer the ones that roam Ikros.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Dragon Master
Merchant

Re: I like the dragons.

Post by Dragon Master »

Sir Terrance wrote:Majisto (or whatever his name is)
Yup,

Majisto the Wizard

or

Cerlin the Sorceror

Although some people refer to him as "Wiz the Wizard" or "Magic Wizard."

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II