Official 2004 Knight's Kingdom Pictures

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Official 2004 Knight's Kingdom Pictures

Post by architect »

Jake McKee has been kind enough to provide Classic-Castle with official pictures of the new Knight's Kingdom sets. Check out the new sets and new pieces!

Please leave your thoughts and opinions of these sets - positive and negative views. Thanks :D

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Last edited by architect on Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

Just wondering, why do the first two pics look oddly like the shields are from the old Knights Kingdom and HP?
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Not cool, not cool at all! Where is the black armor? Where is the red barding? Where is the little catapult and the blue or purple or lilac armor? these are exactly what we are getting? These sets look more like prototypes than the pics we saw last month! Blech!

I don't know about anyone else but I don't want a giant spider under my rope bridge, I want back all those spears and green plates! Wah!!!!
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Jake is the man!

wonderful to see him paying such attention to us!

not sure about these sets (though)........wish i could have one of those minifig shields to look at.
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/imag ... k/8781.jpg

The new horse barding and horse helmet looks cool to me :) If anybody just want the parts and not the figs, you can sell it to me and I will gladly buy it from you. :wink:

Thanks. :D

Erwin
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Thank you Jake for the pics.

Um

I don't really care for the new designs even though there are a few good pieces in there... *trying very hard to be diplomatic*

Uh - is going back to the core values going to mean castle designs that don't suck?

Thanks
Freak
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

I feel that the 'colour bleeding' that occurs in the brown burps may stifle creativity.
http://classic-castle.com/sets/images/p ... k/8778.jpg
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Not cool, not cool at all! Where is the black armor? Where is the red barding? Where is the little catapult and the blue or purple or lilac armor? these are exactly what we are getting? These sets look more like prototypes than the pics we saw last month! Blech!

I don't know about anyone else but I don't want a giant spider under my rope bridge, I want back all those spears and green plates! Wah!!!!
I am not sure if the 8777 and 8778 pictures are final set designs or not. I will ask Jake and get back to everyone.

Edit:

These images are most likely not the final designs. We can call them teaser images (even though we know what the sets look like) :D

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I am not sure if the 8777 and 8778 pictures are final set designs or not. I will ask Jake and get back to everyone.

Edit:

These images are most likely not the final designs. We can call them teaser images (even though we know what the sets look like)

Ben E.
Sets Admin
This must be true, otherwise.... Well I don't know... I'll wait to here what you find out.

Thanks to Jake for his interest in us here!
Troy T. Moore
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This must be true, otherwise.... Well I don't know... I'll wait to here what you find out.
Jake thinks that those two pictures are not the final designs. When he gets more information I will let everyone know.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Yeah, I was wondering who this new hero with the Bib Fortuna armor and Gryffindor shield was!
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Jake McKee has been kind enough to provide Classic-Castle with official pictures of the new Knight's Kingdom sets. Check out the new sets and new pieces!

Please leave your thoughts and opinions of these sets - positive and negative views. Thanks
Far out! Now we know thats the sets officially suck!

Rock on!

DM
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Thanks for the pictures, Jake. Just a thought - have The Powers That Be at Lego considered reviving the Castles line?

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo (a low but deserved blow). :lol:

Sorry, I'll behave.

Most of my comments from early in this thread stand - I don't care for the Saturday Morning Cartoon aspects of these sets. Going off into fantasy (such as the Mega Bloks stuff) I understand, even if I don't entirely care for their execution. But this has no tie-in to either real castles or fantasy literature (and I don't mean a specific title). It basically is jettisoning every fan of the previous Castles sets in search for a whole new approach.

And I never even mentioned the word, "juniorization". To some degree, I can live with that - Lego is about customization.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Dusty
Apprentice

Post by Dusty »

I kinda like some of the new pieces. Mainly the regular bad guy stuff though. Overall I think the colors are a little...weird (understatement) for Knights, but it is a step in the right direction to get castle Legos back (as long as the colors go back to non-rainbow colors). I also think the two sets that have misc pieces from other sets are final just models so we get an idea.

Thanks for the pictures Jake!
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

The interesting thing is even on the two "teaser" pics they have 2004 date written on them. I'm assuming that means they were made in 2004.Although unlikely maybe TLC decided to change it around.

But its unlikely and I'll be pessimisitic and prepare myslef for the Easter Egg Knights. The 8777 and 8778 prototypes are much better though.

"Oh spite! Oh Megablocks" -Shakespeare

DM

(sorry, I'm juste P.O.ed about those protype pictures. A teaser indeed!)