Official 2004 Knight's Kingdom Pictures

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

architect wrote:I am not sure if the 8777 and 8778 pictures are final set designs or not. I will ask Jake and get back to everyone.

Edit:

These images are most likely not the final designs. We can call them teaser images (even though we know what the sets look like) :D

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Notice 8777 and 8778 have backgrounds that are not white. All the other official sets (that don't look like the have changed) have white backgrounds. Just a thought...
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I hope those are prototype pics....

I want my red barding, black scorpion armor, and etc.!
Personally I see KK2 as a "Parts Theme".... like every other theme that exists! :twisted:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I *MIGHT* buy one of the small sets, they all look crappy though...

LR
Aidan
Foot Soldier

Post by Aidan »

I am forever greatful to the brave souls who buy these sets and part them out so that I can buy the few good pieces that I see :D .

I remember too well in the 80s when I had to buy entire sets just to get a few odd pieces. And I had only paper route money then!
Let them come...
They will break upon this fortress like water on rock!
---King Theoden

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=the6717
Paco
Serf

Post by Paco »

Has anyone noticed the new huge wall piece in this pic:
http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/imag ... k/8779.jpg
It's in the Kings stand thingy
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Hm.....definitely a parts line. The figs actually don't look to bad in the first two (minifig) sets. I think I actually see light gray armor! Yaaaaaay!!!!!! I will probably buy a few of the smaller sets for parts on Ebay or when they're on clearance. I'll also be on the lookout for the barding and horse armor in the castle set (notice the small "c"). Also looks like there's a necromancer in a few of the sets.

Mr. D
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Hay did you notice that ?
Did the King of 8779 have our favorite yellow smile head ? :D
I hope so !
INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

Here's my take:

8781: The overall design isn't TOO bad. It looks like it's got those disconnecting towers like the last Knights Kingdom castle. I'll take all of those different colored knights for use in my Knights of the Round Table...very good. The grey and blue barding looks awesome and the multiple lion flags is a good thing too.

Scorpions? I don't know...looks like they'll be some throw-off from the Bulls Boys...

8780: Can't tell if there are wall pieces on the other sie of the bridge, if there are, it's a very good part filled set. Does anyone else see all those BLACK axes?? The wizard/scocerer up top is a plus too. :D

8779: Nice shiels crests and another colored knight. Other than that, pretty dull.

8778: A real shield! Anyone need brown pieces? There you go! That jedi hood on the scorpion guy looks pretty [edited].

8777: I'll be picking up a multitude of these. You know, I really doubt this is the final concept for this set....there aren't even any feathers on the knights' heads.

Overall, yes Castle has continued to be juniorized. However, there are a plethora of good parts in there. Though is it better to go through BrickLink or directly buying the sets? Since Im a completist, I'll be picking up at least 1 of each of these. More of the smaller sets...

Just my $.02...

-Rich
SirCumferance
Laborer

Post by SirCumferance »

I think this new line looks great! I mean, look at this set. It looks like it will be priced at around $3 or $4, but comes with a hos, 2 minifigs with the plate helms (which are hard to get.), and plate armor! Thats not something to sneeze at! Plus, we get new swords, shields, and helms; and sets with lots a weapons! This is such a great line to expand your army! The castle looks pretty cool, has a pretty solid look to it, and comes with lots of minifigs and standard bricks. I dunno, maybe I am just kind of biased because I don't have many grey bricks and hardly have any castle figs but... lets not get too pesimistic!
Last edited by SirCumferance on Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am the queen of France!

... Maker of Castle Crusade

Mail me! kullvox03222@yahoo.com
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

SirCumferance wrote:I think this new line looks great! I mean, look at http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/imag ... k/8777.jpg this set. It looks like it will be priced at around $3 or $4, but comes with a hos, 2 minifigs with the plate helms (which are hard to get.), and plate armor! Thats not something to sneeze at! Plus, we get new swords, shields, and helms; and sets with lots a weapons! This is such a great line to expand your army! The castle looks pretty cool, has a pretty solid look to it, and comes with lots of minifigs and standard bricks. I dunno, maybe I am just kind of biased because I don't have many grey bricks and hardly have any castle figs but... lets not get too pesimistic!
Let me fix that url link first. There, now people can see what you are refering to (I love the preview feature). Now let's get pessimistic.

This is almost undoubtedly the "Official" wrong picture. I wish it wasn't, but these figs don't match any of the boxs and sets previously displayed, and clearly do not represent any of the larger figures that are tied-in to the system sized stuff.

As to the price, the only indicator so far is a website offering pre-orders, and has 8777 listed at $8.95 (and their prices on the two large sets look to be very close to the traditional $50 and $90 that Lego sets these at).
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

what color is the minifigs skin?!?!?!?!
*hopes it not like HP skin*

LR
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Only the licensed sets will have those new skin color figs. Since KK2 isn't a tie-in product, its has regular yellow.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

First of all: Thanks Jake, you are the greatest

Now well I guess the castle is a bit better then what I thought, still I didn't decided what I'm about to do with this entire theme though. Maybe I'll only buy te castle for all those nice new stuff and of course 8777 (cause it small and cheap).

One thing that I was pleased a first was the new colors (light blue and dark red) for the horses head cover, however now in those new pictures that part looks like an entirly different from the original. The two new bardings as always are great I guess and the new colors for the flags, but I still haven't decided if it's really worth it
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I just wanted to put my two cents in as an AFOL.

Ever since I first saw the new KK set pictures in the preview several weeks ago, I've been excited about these sets. I think the playability is through the roof in these sets, and I think the kids will really enjoy them.

We must all remember that the sets are for the kids, and as the LEGO representives have said, if we want better castles, we should build them! After all, that's what the older/more creative kids do. This is what AFOLs do. AFOLs are what keep themes alive.

But I am having a hard time with the new grey. I realize that most people don't have 2500 old light grey 2x2s, or 1800 old dark grey 2x4s like I do, but it just makes me upset that these new colors clash so much.

I'd buy 5 of each set if they were the old grey for parts alone.

But they're not, they're the new greys, and so I began wondering if I would buy any of them at all. As excited as I am about these new sets, I despair about the possibility of owning new grey.

So I began to resign myself to only buying the figs off Bricklink. After all, if I don't want the new grey, why buy a set with it?

But Lenny made me remember why I build with LEGO, why a lot of us do, because we are up to the challenge of building the best we can with what we have. And building with the new grey is no different. In fact, I already have the idea of using all my new grey for the bottom floors of my soon to be village, tudor style buildings, and keeping all my old grey reserved for castle building.

After all, truly identical housing didnt' start coming about till the 19th century ;)

So I once again am excited about owning these sets. I probably won't be buying 5 of each, but 1 of each will suit me fine. Yes, the sets aren't 'realistic' or 'old school,' but frankly Miss Scarlet, I don't give a Megablocks.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

True that, My brother said the same thing Lenny did. and now that I see the new colors and all, they might add more detail to the outside of a castle, castle had different colored rocks, so I think this all adds detail to my stuff.

LR