Weekly Set Review: Vladek Encounter

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
lord azreal
Goat Brigade

Post by lord azreal »

if you search day and night on bricklink for kk2 in the sticker section, you might find proof and maybe get some if you want.
If you are reading this it means I have posted! - congratulate your find and remember this day
Scurticus
Gong Farmer

Post by Scurticus »

I liked this set for pieces but as far as playability it was rather lacking. I would give this set a 4-5 out of 10.
bannear
Artisan

Post by bannear »

I would consider this for the figs and barding, but skip the catapult - I have 10 of them I got in a bulk purchase .....
I think as far a an army builder goes it is great for the horse and the barding and some armour - if you don't mind the colours.
Bert.
Bert Annear
Bert's Brick's
http://www.BrickLink.com/store.asp?p=bannear
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

I think this set sucks, I would much rather have something like the old jousting knights, or BF castle guard sets. At least the older sets had peices you could build into something else. I hate the barding, and the colored armor. I wish I could be more positive on this, but I just don't see anyhting particularly good with this set. Besides, those swords are rediculous.

Have a better day!!! Chris
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

A great set for adding minifigs and horses to your collection, and the horse armour and helmet is a nice inclusion. The catapult is pretty bad as is the rainbow armour and helmet for the goodguy. Vladek's a little better, but for anything other than torsos and a horse, this simply isn't needed.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

I don’t actually own this set, and I will make a comment on what I can see from the picture.

I really like the dark red armour and barding on the horse. Vladek’s dark (black) armour looks great also. So basically I would buy this set for those two elements. I am sure I could use parts of the catapult in a better castle building or war-machine. I would get rid of red sword, I wouldn’t even build the catapult (but keep it for parts). I would give the gold sword to my king. I would sell of the purple armour on bricklink or ebay.

------------------
George Georgiou
------------------
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

The dumbest set I have ever seen! But on the other hand it at least has a barding, but no shield!6/10
I am leniet to all sets :) gooday to all
P.S catapult can't move, I mean why would Vladek attak a stationary catapult head on?
The_Hun
Laborer

Post by The_Hun »

Originally way overpriced, but I recently found this set on discount, so I bought a few just for my Dark Army where multiples of Vladek serve as cavalry.

Apart from the horse, barding, lance and Vladek fig, this set hasn't got too much going for it. Some parts are useful for castle building if you happen to build in bley.

And I too miss a shield for V.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=The_Hun]My Bricklink[/url] * [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=TheHun]My Brickshelf[/url]
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Not bad for a small KKII set, and I love Vladek's horse. However, the purple Sir Danju sours the whole set. Also, I don't understand why he is launching a tiny catapult at a guy on a horse who is going right at him.
Assamite
Serf

Post by Assamite »

Gotta love that barding though. One of the best ever done.

CM
smegged
Freeman

Post by smegged »

This set was great at 75% off to build a couple of phalanxes of shadow knight cavalry.
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Re: Weekly Set Review: Vladek Encounter

Post by J_MAN »

This is probably the best of the Knight's Kingdom 2 sets and only because it's cheap has a horse and the horsy armor. :roflol:
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

:roll:

Hi there... I see you are new to CC... just a quick note... We usually try not to dig up very old posts unless we have a very significant piece of news/advice.

But yes, I agree with you~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

ottoatm wrote::roll:

Hi there... I see you are new to CC... just a quick note... We usually try not to dig up very old posts unless we have a very significant piece of news/advice.

But yes, I agree with you~
Weekly Set Reviews are an exception to this rule. Many have links in the set archives page back to the forums:

http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/8777.html

So it is ok to post in this type of thread. Thanks!

Ben
CC Sets Admin
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

At the time I was very excited that euro-armor had returned, and in a set under $8 with TWO of them!! Yes, the catapult is silly, but two minifigs, armor, a horse with barding and a horsey helm? Awesome, right? Well anyhow, I like the purple knight a lot. A lot more than the black one. Names? Perhaps officially they are individuals, but to me, well, parts is parts. :tasty:

Now a set like this with an armed tax collector knight, a peasant with a pitchfork, a cow, some field bits, a fence and a tree and flowers? That's be even better-er. :wave:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-