Black Knight's Castle

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

I'm 15, and I've been dividing my time between Pirate and Castle, but now I'm all for castle for a few reasons:

1. New Pirate stinks
2. I only have one big pirate ship and the hull to a small one. Not enough even for a good conflict.

Well, I'm getting the Knight's Kingdom Castle to put in control of the kingdom I'm building. The BFF is a good fortress, but more like a border-watch than a castle, and I don't want to spend $500 on a Black Knight's Castle!
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Will, you said it right. I don't have 500 for a Black Knight's Castle. Even a castle as legendary as that isn't worth that much!

I know I will buy some of these sets, but I've loved LEGO as long as I can remember, so I'm not a good judge!
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Sir_Marcellus wrote:and I don't want to spend $500 on a Black Knight's Castle!
Who says you have to spend $500 on a Black Knight's Castle (6086)? That's a price for a MISB set (Mint in sealed box) and that's even too high a price for 6086. For $500 you can almost get a MISB yellow Castle... If you are satisfied with a used model in good condition (with original instructions, without box) you shouldn't be forced to spend more than $50-$100. Of course you must not be searching on BrickLink. As good as BL is for parts as bad it is for sets. Set prices on BL are insane.

If you are searching for a 6086 be sure you don't bid on/buy a set with missing white helm feathers. In particular the white wing feathers tend to get lost.... Ask the seller before bidding/buying. And do not accept a "those wings are not included but they can be replaced easily"! They cannot. White dragon feathers are rare (exclusive to this set and one service pack).

Bye
Jojo

Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Jojo, I was exaggerating to make a point, because my point was things can get expensive.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hallo!

Oh, OK. So just forget what I've said :-)

Bye
Jojo

Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

Btw Jojo, thanks for the tip on BL. I have got several sets off BL and paid quite a bit for them. Only to find them cheaper on ebay. I have now switched to ebay for the sets. I also notice that you can get good "lots" of pieces for a reasonable price everyonce in a while.

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I had some great luck on ebay with the Black Knight's castle as well. It was less than $75.00 including shipping to Canada and it was in near mint condition with the box and trays. :D

I would rather buy figs, brick and accessories on Bricklink, but for sets, ebay is the way to go. Good luck finding a deal. I'm not in the shopping market right now, so I won't be competing with you. :wink:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Thanks, Jojo. Wow, Will, great deal! I'll remember that, but I'm the kind of person who is winning on an auction and is out-bid within the last five minutes. :(
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Sir_Marcellus wrote:
Thanks, Jojo. Wow, Will, great deal! I'll remember that, but I'm the kind of person who is winning on an auction and is out-bid within the last five minutes.
That happened to me too. I lost bidding an auction with only 2 secs left. :evil:
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Also:

http://www.auctionbrick.com

Just another site, not sure how prices compare...
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

Do you want to sell your ships? At a competive price?

-Jeff
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

I am looking to sell off my origanal pirate sets.

drop me a line Jeff

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

I'm actually thinking of selling most to all of my LEGO, but more on that later. If you want pirate stuff, e-mail me or send me a Private Message.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison