buy a redesigned blue grey Legend
22%
not buy a Legend with these changes
21%

Total votes: 134

JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

I'm more of a purist.. and while i'd like to see the old sets out on the market again, i do NOT want to see them in new colors or with design changes. If i want the older sets i usually go to ebay or bricklink or friends that i know.

That being said, i agree with others that have posted before me on this topic and would support a new castle line done in the style of the old sets. Even with the new colors i would buy those to help support the castle line.
-Joe "Cool"
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

I, personally, would prefer to see new set designs that reflect the "classic" sets, but puts their own spin on it. I don't want to see re-releases. Give us a new line with new sets!

Oh, and bley rocks. :twisted:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Well, I dont want a horse mounted catapult on a crusader castle, so I went with the first choice. I'd buy redesigned ones if they were reasonably changed, and not just .. well, adding bionicle pieces or weird stuff like that.

Freak
fuzzy
Laborer

Post by fuzzy »

as long as they are back, i dont care if redezigned.
but id rather not have it redesigned. :!:
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
little darling, it seems like years since its been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and i say its all right
Jansen
Steward
Location: Pondering the paradox of organic American cheese...

Post by Jansen »

I would buy it for sure if it came out with bley or not since i dont have any one complete classic-castle set.
"An apple a day keeps people deathly-allergic to apples away."
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gusalagupagoo/]flickr[/url]
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

I do hope that 6080 will get it's place it deserve in the LEGEND hall of fame. Although I'm not a big fan of the new gray-blue I'd buy a few copies of this set which is one of my faviourates.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

I voted NO.

The main reason people want the Legends is for the classic minifigs and accessories. We would do much better if, instead of Legends, we asked for a good accessory pack, and good minifig pack, and a castle version of Building Bonanza.

Also, with LEGO reducing their parts assortment, how many of the parts we want are still available? I'm thinking the last classic swords, bows, and quivers vanished when the last castle accessory pack sold out. (Though they seem to have room in their parts assortment for a bunch of ugly visor designs.)
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
James
Peasant

Post by James »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:I, personally, would prefer to see new set designs that reflect the "classic" sets, but puts their own spin on it. I don't want to see re-releases. Give us a new line with new sets!
I haven't read all the thread so excuse me if Im just saying what others have. I asked the question about Legends to Jan on Saturday. His reply was there were no plans for any Legends any more for the reasons stated (although more to do with parts substitution than colour the way I read it) but what he did say was they aimed to produce sets sympathetic to the classic sets. Read into that what you will, either he means the move back to more standard brick buit / less new part reliant sets (which he did touch on elsewhere) or new S@H only sets in a classic style (less likely but more exciting :)) I didnt press him further on the issue as the train people needed 1/2 an hour to moan about their hard deal so the conversation moved on.
James Stacey
------
www.minifig.co.uk
I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

James wrote:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:I, personally, would prefer to see new set designs that reflect the "classic" sets, but puts their own spin on it. I don't want to see re-releases. Give us a new line with new sets!
I haven't read all the thread so excuse me if Im just saying what others have. I asked the question about Legends to Jan on Saturday. His reply was there were no plans for any Legends any more for the reasons stated (although more to do with parts substitution than colour the way I read it) but what he did say was they aimed to produce sets sympathetic to the classic sets. Read into that what you will, either he means the move back to more standard brick buit / less new part reliant sets (which he did touch on elsewhere) or new S@H only sets in a classic style (less likely but more exciting :)) I didnt press him further on the issue as the train people needed 1/2 an hour to moan about their hard deal so the conversation moved on.
This is certainly cause for celebration.

I know that many of you are looking for Legends, but I would much prefer a product akin to what Jan is promising. I only hope that certain elements are still available (bows, quivers, classic-swords, etc.). Afterall, I'm not a big fan of the power ranger swords we currently have. To me, the prospect of NEW castle sets built in vein of old favorites is far more exciting!

The prospect of a new build in the classic tradition is positively dizzying! I said earlier that I would not purchase a Legend in the new colours. I would definitely give consideration to something like this. (Hopefully a large minifig pack makes its way into the fold as well).

Later.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Lord Mikal
Archer

Post by Lord Mikal »

I don't mind bley that much anymore, at least not light bley. It's a nice offset to grey and will probably help alliviate Big Grey Wall Syndrome.

I chose accurate bley legend, but as others have said, reasonable substitutions would be okay. Replacing the yellow castle visor with a Santis visor would be bad, while replacing it with a pointed visor would be acceptable. Just so long as they bring back the pitchfork.

I wholeheartedly agree that minifig packs and castle tubs would be far more fun than re-releases of old sets. After all, lego is about building your own thing, not the picture on the front of the box.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

I voted for No. Why would I pay for a Legend in the wrong color when I can buy one in the right color off the secondary market?

Like Blueandwhite said, I would much rather LEGO release new sets designed with the old ones in mind. You know, your small town buildings, market stalls, medieval life, etc. Create NEW legends (notice the lowercase-L) for the next generation of LEGO fans.

Unfortunately, now that I think about it, I wonder how plausible this really is. Back then they had "factions" and it was up to us to identify the good guys and the bad guys, and come up with our own stories. Nowadays, we're given King Mattias (or whatever) vs Evil Vladek - here's your catapult, the trap door, and falling axes - now go play! Medieval life? Boring!

Sorry to sound so negative... :(
-Bryan
Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

I'd rather see them in in old grey, not bley. In fact, I'd like to see TLG go back to old grey for everything.
psu_ericksen
Foot Soldier

Post by psu_ericksen »

I would buy a redesigned bley Legend(s) so long as they limited the redesign to elements that were no longer in production. Like Freak said, no bionicle pieces. And no adding catapults were there were no catapults. And no trading cards.

Part of the point of the Legends is to give today's kids the opportunity to buy the classic sets (without resorting to the secondary market). I remember seeing the Guarded Inn in the catalogs when I was a kid, but I never bought one. I couldn't order it fast enough when I saw it was available again! So what if it isn't exactly the same as the original?

And I'm not holding my breath for any castle line that's "sympathetic to the classic sets." Or any castle tub or classic minifig packs.

Sean
"All my life I've had one dream...to acheive my many goals." - HJS

Visit my Brickshelf gallery.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108432
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Well, if they release an old set, I want it to be the same as the original. The colour change is okay, (I still hate it, but I can accept that the Legends would be in that colour) but don't redesign the set. If they change stuff, they may as well create a different line completely.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
AmberStone
Serf

Post by AmberStone »

I voted for an Accurate Bley. I too have admitted defeat and realized old grey is not coming back. And really, would a redesign really be considered a Legend or just an older set reimagined?

I so vote for an Accurate Legend. Huzzah!