buy a redesigned blue grey Legend
22%
not buy a Legend with these changes
21%

Total votes: 134

Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

No! NEVER admit defeat! An old set isn't an old set unless it uses the old pieces. If we rally and say "no grey, no buy" Lego just might listen! So I say, never give up! There is still hope! As Ethan would say, "Purge the bley!" or is it something else...
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I can't decide if I would buy an accurate Blue-Grey Legend or Not Buy A Legend With These Changes. I know for sure that I would not buy a redesigned bley legend.
Lord Nev wrote:If we rally and say "no grey, no buy" Lego just might listen!
I don't think so. This issue has been brought up many times, and not just here on C-C. And, however much we may want old grey, most of the buyers of LEGO sets are children who aren't even aware of the change (or if they are, they most likely don't care). For some (hopefully good) reason, the color has changed and it is here to stay.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
00Psyren00
Laborer

Post by 00Psyren00 »

I would buy any new grey Legend, the colour change wouldn't put me off at all. (Although most of my bricks are in the new colours anyway). I think it is a little silly not wanting castle-themed sets just because of a colour change, and if any castle sets are released its good news as far as I'm concerned.
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

00Psyren00 wrote:I would buy any new grey Legend, the colour change wouldn't put me off at all. (Although most of my bricks are in the new colours anyway). I think it is a little silly not wanting castle-themed sets just because of a colour change, and if any castle sets are released its good news as far as I'm concerned.
Say that after amassing a few thousand dollars worth of bley, only to find out they are replacing it with a shade of greenish-grey that clashes with your collection.

For some of us, the colour change will always be a touchy subject.

Later.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Blueandwhite wrote:
00Psyren00 wrote:I would buy any new grey Legend, the colour change wouldn't put me off at all. (Although most of my bricks are in the new colours anyway). I think it is a little silly not wanting castle-themed sets just because of a colour change, and if any castle sets are released its good news as far as I'm concerned.
Say that after amassing a few thousand dollars worth of bley, only to find out they are replacing it with a shade of greenish-grey that clashes with your collection.
Fine, I will. And then I would amass a few thousand dollars of greenish-gray, and then find out they are replacing it with purple-gray.

Wash. Rince. Repeat.

Things change. I'll adapt.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

I'd buy the Legends in a new color. If anything it would help me to get more new grey. But if Lego does produce the Legends, they need to use the figs that would have come with the set originally.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=HenrytheV]My Bricklink Store[/url]
Romas
Freeman

Post by Romas »

One of great advantages of Bley most people don't adress is how cheap it is to amass.
"Truth suffers from too much analysis"
CAI
Journeyman

Post by CAI »

I voted a few days ago, but never had time to post. I voted "not buy a Legend with these changes" .

I don't want Legends to be produced at all(even if it's 100% accurate), don't mess with the past, let it remain.

Somthing that makes older sets so desirable is there ever increasing rarity. Re-releasing just seems wrong to me. They were made limited for a reason.

Here's an exaggerated example....To collectors, it would be like Marvel reprinting the first issue of Spider man another 100 times...from the same print...and paper. After 20 years...who would know the difference.

So...I guess if they were going to produce legends...i'd actually prefer it with the new colors. Minifig torso emblems should be altered to...still, I would not purchase them.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Cyin]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
evilnailman
Peasant

Post by evilnailman »

While I could live with a bley 6080, I would be more than happy with a sand coloured 375 even if the minifigs are replaced with a close modern equivalent.

Matt
Lord Nev
Reeve

Post by Lord Nev »

Maybe the color change really is for the best. It is very hard for me to admit defeat. I must cry. :cry:
Beware the day my soul is unleashed. Not even Megablocks itself will rival its fire!
Assassin
Villein

Post by Assassin »

I voted for re-designed.

Actually I'd like to see old style castles re-released. As for the argument about the colour, like many people have already said, it's not going to change back and the only people hurt with a boycott are ourselves.

What I'd really prefer is all of the old models re-released (slightly modified perhaps) in TAN.

As for any new sets in the pipeline, as long as there are NO BIONICLE cr@p and/or heaps of stupid horn pieces to push up the piece count then I'm all in favour of them. Also, please LEGO, don't go putting those dumb catapults into every set, make ONE set of siege type models with each new series and leave it to us to decide how many catapults etc we want.

Assassin
stawastawa
Laborer

Post by stawastawa »

i think if it is redisigned with light bley it would be okay but no dark bley caus etaht stuff is totally diffrent
luthien1121
Gong Farmer

Post by luthien1121 »

As a brand new lego fan who's only been buying sets for a few months, I'd be glad to see *any* Lego castle sets available, bley and redesigned or not. I realize these subjects can be touchy for those of you who've been into Lego for a long time, but I still think (for my own sake :-) ) that more Lego castle is preferable to less.
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

Like most other people here I think that it is better to have a castle in bley than no castle at all. More legends - more fun.
Danju the Clever
Artisan

Post by Danju the Clever »

I don't mind bley, so as long as it's not redesigned I'm in!