Least Favorite Minifig

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Least Favorite Minifig

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

The flip side of the Favorite Minifig thread.

It was a hard choice. I find the Dragon Master figs colors and graphics hideous - but I don't cover them up! Willa the Witch I only hate because I have so many of them. A couple would be fine (if still on the low end of likes). But the loser for me is the classic breastplate figs. Without fail, I put a breastplate piece on these to cover up the torso. They are common as dirt, but unlike the classic scale figs, they aren't even worth much in resale. The bulls are fine - many actually very good, but those faces!

But if it came with a torso armor piece, then it is quite fine and the Dragon Master with the full figure dragon becomes the loser.

I suppose this should be least favorite CASTLE figure, but feel free to add figs from any lines if you are so inclined.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

that really stupid one-toothed lousy smiley faced hag of a witch.

LF
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

As for Castle I don't like the Dragon master with the rampant dragon on his breast:

I don't like the emblem and I don't like those metallic things at the shoulders. And I don't like the fig's face. And I don't like that every DM fig has a different coat of arms.

As for non-Castle figs I so not like the Space Police II and Blacktron II figs.
Image Image
This white Blacktron fig looks quite oxymoronic. (Blacktron I is cool BTW.)

Bye
Jojo

Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Willa the Witch, and Timmy!

DM
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Jojo wrote:And I don't like that every DM fig has a different coat of arms.
I agree whole-heartedly! I makes army building difficult. The Black Falcon's had it right, one emblem for all the guys (except mounted men).

DM
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

DM wrote:
Willa the Witch, and Timmy!

DM
uh... ditto!

well, and the original castle peasent. *ducks under computer desk*

Wait!! Before you stone me, let me ask you one question.
How many peasents had a full bag of money on their belts???

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Jedipawn wrote:Wait!! Before you stone me, let me ask you one question.
How many peasents had a full bag of money on their belts???
Who says this fig is a peasant? And who says it's money? It might be a full sack of seeds. Even if it is money, he might have sold something on the market. This is why we don't get to see any real food and such in the Legoland Castle world: It's all sold out.

Bye
Jojo

TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Jojo wrote:Hello!

As for Castle I don't like the Dragon master with the rampant dragon on his breast:

I don't like the emblem and I don't like those metallic things at the shoulders. And I don't like the fig's face. And I don't like that every DM fig has a different coat of arms.
Yeah, that's the one that I hate the most from the DM series. (self censoring remark about the tail which I kept watering down and it still had me wondering if an admin would expunge it).
As for non-Castle figs I so not like the Space Police II and Blacktron II figs.

This white Blacktron fig looks quite oxymoronic. (Blacktron I is cool BTW.)
I actually liked those two, though as you note, a white Blactron fig?

My favorite love to hate is the reviled Timmy. I used to have grisly scenes of Timmie-torture on my pirate ships: I'd hang him by the neck from a yardarm, have Cap'n Redbeard hacking his arm off, have Islander's boiling him in a pot with a stack of Timmie heads nearby, have a shark devouring him while being trolled on a line behind the ship, being keel-hauled by a chain, tied to the bowsprit as a figurehead, walking the plank, strapped to the muzzle of a cannon (a loaded shooting model, so you could endlessly pull back the trigger and blast away), cut in two, cutlass through the guts, head on a pike, skeltonized by aliens a la Mars Attacks with his head and hat still there to realize the horror of it all, and probably some that I am forgetting.

And now that I think about it, all those useless Willas that I have are starting to annoy me - at least I have a use for the Dragon Masters.

TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Jedipawn wrote: How many peasents had a full bag of money on their belts???
Money?!? That's what you think is in the bag?

"There's some lovely filth over here, Dennis." :D

Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

In the Castle line, I'm not sure that I have a definite dislike. I kinda like all the figs. Including ones from non-castle sets. Including Timmy! I never could see why he is so hated. I mean, get a couple of them and you can't do anything with the last couple; but you can at least put some different color hairs on him (and some girl hair). I mean, every LEGO world has to have some children! Oh, yeah; you can also through in some short legs for variety.

Mr. D
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

I definitely don't think Timmy is that bad.
I think he definitely doesn't know any better, IMO.

I have to agree that Willa the Witch is generally useless, but not my least favorite minifig.

Off the top of my head, I would have to say that
Professor Snape is mine. I like the "glow-in-the-dark" type
mini-fig head, but the head doesn't fit, unless you think
someone dipped Snape in a vat of nuclear waste.

I don't mind his character in HP books too much, and
I think that on screen, he is played very good.

I just think as a minifig with that sort of head...
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

IMO, the Dragon Masters would've been better if some of their knights didn't have that weird almost court jester type colors on them. I mean whats the deal with the half black, half red armor?

Another thing is why are they red, blue, and black? It doesn't correspond with their green dragon emblem. But they are usefull as one of the Kahilawayan subfactions.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Mine is not so much a fig--I mix and match elements so much that I hardly remember which torso goes with which face and with which headgear--rather it is a head: Harry Potter. Almost every other head is useful to me (though heads with glasses or microphones can't be in castle), but that dang lightning bolt scar can only be one person (yes, I know, Brasso is the answer).
Even worse, I did a big e-bay purchase a few years ago for a bunch of Ninja figs and in the description it said that some of them had different heads than they came with--of course with the full headgear you couldn't see what in the photo. When I got them, something like 8 of 10 had Harry Potter hiding under the headgear! grrrrrr :evil:

Bruce
\
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Bruce N H wrote:Mine is not so much a fig--I mix and match elements so much that I hardly remember which torso goes with which face and with which headgear--rather it is a head: Harry Potter. Almost every other head is useful to me (though heads with glasses or microphones can't be in castle), but that dang lightning bolt scar can only be one person (yes, I know, Brasso is the answer).
Even worse, I did a big e-bay purchase a few years ago for a bunch of Ninja figs and in the description it said that some of them had different heads than they came with--of course with the full headgear you couldn't see what in the photo. When I got them, something like 8 of 10 had Harry Potter hiding under the headgear! grrrrrr :evil:

Bruce
\
A cruel deed, indeed (but you were properly forewarned to some degree). Just keep the Harry Potter heads under the Ninja Mask - I exile Willa to having a ninja "bag" over her head, for instance. :lol:

-->Bruce<--

And editing this since I didn't actually look at a Harry Potter head with a Ninja Hood and have done so since, I better understand the complaint because the heads simply do not work as alternates (see my D'oh! three messages down the list). :D
Last edited by TwoTonic Knight on Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Ninjas don't wear glasses. :D