More Knights Kingdom Pics

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Thanks for the pics Athos and FBTBnet,

I'm really not sure about these sets. They still look to expensive. For a person like me who builds and doesn't usually keep sets together they are somewhat worhtless. I might get them all sale. It would be more worthwhile to get the grey from Pick-a-brick.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Overpriced seemes to be the word of the day. As a Canadian buyer I was also dissapointed to see that our prices have not changed to reflect the exchange rates for the last few months. I am with those who will wait for a sale. Not one of these sets warrants the MSRP for them. 8777 is probably the biggest dissapointment price-wise, this set is about the size and piece count as the storyteller and Jabba's palace extension sets and those were price far more fairly than the 8777. If the price structure doesn't improve, I can see another losing year for TLC.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

I am definitely going to wait for sales. And where is the set with two guys, one horse; with euro armor and the "old-style" (now :( ) helms? That was the one set that saved the line, in my opinion. :x :x :x I'm sorry, but I can't even say "oh, well" about that. This line will be of no use for figs.

Mr. D
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Mr. D wrote:I am definitely going to wait for sales. And where is the set with two guys, one horse; with euro armor and the "old-style" (now :( ) helms? That was the one set that saved the line, in my opinion. :x :x :x I'm sorry, but I can't even say "oh, well" about that. This line will be of no use for figs.

Mr. D
That picture was a blooper that Jake sent us. It was a prototype to 8777.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Yes it was one of those rare times when the prototype generated more excitement that the actual set. The plate and spears are a better addition to the set than the spider, but the figs would have been nicer if they had not followed the jellybean color scheme in the official set. (Crosses fingers and hopes for 50-75% off sales.)

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

I'm really disappointed that the green knight has that new fluted(?) type helmet, as an early picture had him with the pointy one in green, which looked awesome. I was only interested in this series for the green knight with pointy visor, and the black armor. Now I'll just be getting the one small set (on sale) for the black armor, to use with the older pointy black visor.