More Knights Kingdom Pics

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

More Knights Kingdom Pics

Post by Athos »

Hey all,

Just thought I would point out to everyone interested, http://www.fbtb.net is doing the annual toyfair coverage and has some KK news, pics and prices.

Steve
Charlie
Freeman

Post by Charlie »

Haha, you know what's funny? When I first looked them over I was looking at the price in Canadian. I was thinking Lego had finally gone totally nuts to charge $70 USD for 8780. I was so upset, and then I realized that I was looking at the Canadian price.

The large Castle doesn't look as bad as I had thought at first. Not really all that accurate, but not too bad. I will probably get one when it's on clearance.
coyote
Peasant

Post by coyote »

Looks much like the big castle has some kind of "battle stations" for the rainbow knights.

"Power Rangers, full alert!"

Did someone recognize the gate? It seems like being one piece ... the port cullis slips through the arch?

Does anybody know how the "drawbridge" of the "Citadel of Orion" works? I have no idea why it doesn't close the gate but lowers to the ground.

P.S. As castlehead you're always said turning your thoughts to the past ... with that KK-line it becomes an ironic moment.
When in doubt empty the magazine.
Never share a foxhole with someone braver then you are.
If you're short of everything except the enemy, you're in combat.
Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Well, given this new information, I will be waiting for stuff to come on sale. I also will be experimenting with dk grey spray paint for that multi coloured armour :( The big castle has a pile of light grey slopes, which I could use more of. The swords.... :evil: Hoping for a decent Legend. Find it hard to get real excited about this offering, but hey, if the kiddies like it.....
Troy T. Moore
akochan
Villein

Post by akochan »

Actually about the spray paint... don't at all except for maybe a base coat and do it from a distance with fast swaths to keep clumping to a minimum.

You're far better off using acryllic model paints. I would suggest the Games Workshop paints becuse they're expensive but come in just the right consistency for plastics.

-Andy
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

... I wish there was a pic of the scorpion troop and "Orion" on Citidal of Orion. There's the box art, but hmmmf... that doesn't show up that well.

I'm assuming that the scorpion soldier from 8778 Border Encounter is the same minifig included in the Citidal.

Anyways... The citidal itself looks a bit too freaky for me.
But it may make a great addition to any "baddie" fortress
that I make in the future... (thinking pensively as I rub my chin and begin to strategically plan another project for the future.)

Ben Medinets
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

these are starting to grow on me! Espesialy the little set with the man on horse and the little catapult(8787??) THe scorpians really are kinda cool! At least lego relesed a bit of an army builder! They have the right Idea!
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Thanks for this link. Interesting pictures.

I'm deceived by the back picture of the big castle. The castle is only made to have a nice look from the front view!
I think they TLC could have put a small wall. I don't like 2D castle. :(
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

uuughh... that does look very unattractive on the backside.
it is almost comparible to the Night Lord's castle....except that looked hideous front, back, and the sides.

...that unfortunately was my first castle, I'm embarassed to say.

:cry:

Ben M.
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

Barbapple wrote:
these are starting to grow on me! Espesialy the little set with the man on horse and the little catapult(8787??)
Do you mean the 8777 set? Yes, it would make a great army builder set. :D

Erwin

TOILET USE:
Entirely too much time is being spent in the toilets.
There is now a strict 3-minute time limit in the cubicles.

At the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the door will open ! and a picture will be taken.

After your second offence, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board under the "Chronic Offenders" category.
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

And that king may be the best that LEGO has given us so far! Not clownish like the Royal King, and not old and weak looking like King Leo, but of a ripe old age, with what looks like he's got quite a bit of kick in him! And those knight's faces are pretty good, too!
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

8777 seems a bit overpriced. I would think it should be in the $4-$7 range, not $9. That is crazy. The old minifig packs were $5 or $6 and you would get 5 guys and a horse. Now for $9, you only get 2 guys, a horse, and a tiny catapult? Not to mention that the knights have really dumb visors and swords. If the visors and swords weren't useless garbage, I would consider buying them. Now I'll have to wait for a BOGO sale at Shopko.

The rest of the stuff seems to be priced about how you would expect, but it all still seems to be about 20% more than it needs to be. I wonder if they're trying to be profitable in 2004 by ripping off their customers? That's one sure way to drive all of the Wal-Mart moms to MegaBloks and shrink LEGO's retail presence even further.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

In my opinion:

The KING ROCKS! Fantastic torso for a soldier type or household guard. The best King in a while. Too bad he doesn't have his own set...

The Minifigs Ranked:

1. Orion (Wizard guy)
2. Scorpian Soldier
3. King
4. Vladek
5. Red Knight
6. Green Knight
7. Purple Knight (For the fantastic face)
8. Barbie

Sets Ranked:

8780 Citadel of Orion
8778 Border Encounter
8777 Vladek Encounter
8781 The Castle of Morcia
8779 The Grand Tournament

Orion seems to be the best set of the lot. I don't mind the Red Knight, so Border Encounter is good. If it was cheaper... :roll:

What I want is a set called "Scorpian Ambush".

Includes Scorpian Soldier and King.

If it was reasonably priced, I'd buy 5 on regular price, and a whole wack on discount.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Hmm, the scorpion guys sure looks good, and that helm is fantastic:)

The king´s OK, a little to 'neonic' colours though...

I would´nt say that I have that much against that blue knight, actually I´m more conserned about the purpule one.

But, on th whole, I might just by some of these sets...
on sale of course. :wink:
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Devari wrote:
What I want is a set called "Scorpian Ambush".

Includes Scorpian Soldier and King.
That would be very useful! Even two poli bag sets, one with king, one with scorpion soldier!

Ofcourse, that actually makes sense, so, probably won't happen :roll:

The two back towers on the corners of the castle appear to have the new wall panel pieces :cry: That and all those 30246 Panel Wall 3 x 4 x 6 (Pic) which I already have too many of :cry: I make have to look into molding in order to recycle these. :P
Troy T. Moore