Weekly Set Review: Knight's Attack Barge

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Slobey
Foot Soldier

Post by Slobey »

I'm going to weigh in and say that along with the minority here I quite like this set. Sure it may look like it's made of stone, doesn't have a sail and looks like a poor saving private ryan prop..... hang on, I don't like this set much either :roll:

In all seriousness I've just built this set a matter of minutes ago and it's okay, nothing special and a lot better for moc fodder (I'm pro-bley) than an actual set. 5/10
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has limits
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

A boat that can barely float horray!!! :( I could use this for my history project
in world war two...6/10 for the pieces
I am leniet to all lego sets :) gooday to all
TheFlarbar
Gong Farmer

Re:

Post by TheFlarbar »

SavaTheAggie wrote:It's a barge.

Barges in and of themselves aren't all that fun. By definition, a flat or mostly flat hulled boat with very little above the water line is just not fun.

But LEGO tried, at least, adding some play value. To a kid, this set is pretty good. To an experienced builder... well... not so much.

So to that end... it's a set that serves its' purpose.

--Anthony
I can see a lot of stuff that can be salvaged. You can use the banners, the pikes, the grey parts of the hull,the cylindrical thingies, the poles for the flags, the torches, and the knights and their equipment. :P
Fry_slayer wrote:
Jojo wrote:It may be good for entering Omaha Beach, but how is it propelled?
There is a will there is a way

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!! :lol:

Excess emoticons deleted by friendly neighborhood Admin
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Re:

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

SavaTheAggie wrote:It's a barge.

Barges in and of themselves aren't all that fun. By definition, a flat or mostly flat hulled boat with very little above the water line is just not fun.

But LEGO tried, at least, adding some play value. To a kid, this set is pretty good. To an experienced builder... well... not so much.

So to that end... it's a set that serves its' purpose.

--Anthony
Right. Makes me think of an old song called the "Volga Boatmen," a rather low pitched and slowly sung. I can see a kid liking this set but for me it would be just for parts.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
legosammy
Serf

Re: Weekly Set Review: Knight's Attack Barge

Post by legosammy »

I have this set it has 2 black 8x8 plates a lot of bley. I usually build with bley because I have very little old grey bricks and bley bricks are cheaper. I can get them on lego.com.