Weekly Set Review: Dragon Defender

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
ragnarok
Bailiff

Post by ragnarok »

To be completely honest, I've never liked this set too much. The catapult is ridiculous and there are only two figs. I've actually dissasembles both this Dragon head and the one on the castle, because they are not to my liking.

Design: 4/10
Value: 6/10
aaronsneary
Peasant

Post by aaronsneary »

I kinda like the silly dragon head. What I don't understand is the colors. Dragon Knights had an ok color scheme- Yellow, Red, Green. So why is the body of this thing BLUE? with the attached DK shields, it's just too garish.

I smell a repaint.
Aaron
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I don't know why... but this is one of the "cursed" sets for me... meaning everytime I try to get it, I fail... outbid, snipped, or won... and then sent to the wrong address, or sent incomplete!

Because of this, my review of this once-simple little set is skewed... I must have it... I drool over it...

That aside, I do agree that it is a bit silly, but I think it kind of goes along with the DM theme - the fortress had a big dragon head, and with some imagination or customization, you may be able to make it seem more realistic.

Also, it comes with the DM figs, which I always enjoy getting.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
bannear
Artisan

Post by bannear »

After looking at the build instructions I feel that this is an interesting idea - with the dragon head weight being kinda cool- even if the head is chunky.Without using many of the newer curved pieces anything but chunky is difficult to achieve in this scale. I like the two figs and the overly plumed helm as well. I would buy it if it were released again.

My .02
Bert.
Bert Annear
Bert's Brick's
http://www.BrickLink.com/store.asp?p=bannear
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

I always thought this catapult was odd since when took a shot it looked like gears were moving. Odd set I bought from my cousin, but I like it.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

This set is too colorful, and a little bit on the comical side. It looks like on the Lego designers let their children design this one. The only thing that I would find useful in this set is the cart wheels and the flags.

Rating: 2/10