#8781-The Castle of Morcia
6%
#10176-Royal King's Castle
66%

Total votes: 62

leshrac
Villein

Post by leshrac »

Can there be any other choice? Kings Castle, hands down.
My dark age lasted 3 weeks back in 1996!
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I voted for the king's castle for the unique pieces and building/design additions. After that, I would have put Leo's castle, with Morica being where it belongs. :wink:
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Lonan
Foot Soldier

Post by Lonan »

Only owning one of these(and it's the worst one), I just have to go on what I've seen. But the King's Castle looks the best to me. I'll have to pick one up sometime, funds permitting.
El Mariachi
Laborer

Post by El Mariachi »

This thread is pointless. King's Castle is the only castle in the voting choices!
"God is dead; but considering the state the species Man is in, there will perhaps be caves, for ages yet, in which his shadow will be shown"

Friederich Nietzsche
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

El Mariachi wrote:This thread is pointless. King's Castle is the only castle in the voting choices!

Keing Leo's castle is pretty awesome to. It is not very stong, but it can be fixed up very easily.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
El Mariachi
Laborer

Post by El Mariachi »

kelderic wrote:
El Mariachi wrote:This thread is pointless. King's Castle is the only castle in the voting choices!

Keing Leo's castle is pretty awesome to. It is not very stong, but it can be fixed up very easily.

Kelderic
I guess you are right. The vitral window is also pretty kewl.
"God is dead; but considering the state the species Man is in, there will perhaps be caves, for ages yet, in which his shadow will be shown"

Friederich Nietzsche
zac_schmitt
Freeman

Post by zac_schmitt »

i voted for the castle of morcia, just to be different.

i've fixed the thing up pretty nicely. i swear it can be done.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

The Castle of Morcia is far superior to King Leo's Castle. I've built both of them, and Leo's Castle really can't compare - the structure isn't as clear, the piece count is less, the colour scheme is all over the place and the queen and princess in place of military figs is annyoing (that said, KK2 could do with more female figs, besides the Chess Queens). I also dislike the unchained drawbridge (the Morcia front gate is a lot better, though the portcullis still goes into the air - there needs to be a gatehouse), and the lack of Leo flags is strange - Morcia has plenty.

The most annoying thing however is that Leo's Castle just has a giant flag to cover up the hole in the back...at least Morcia leaves you space to build more in its gaping opening.

So for all its faults, I'd take Morcia over Leo's Castle any day.

- Matt
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

I went with King Leo's. I have no hands on experience with the new Royal King's Castle, so I really can only compare Leo's with Morcia.

Now I am primarily a parts person, but the actual design on both of these is pretty disappointing. Neither one is a good castle. But, that said, I believe that King Leo's Castle (KLC) is far superior to Morcia.

While the fig count in both castles is the same, the figs in KLC are much more versatile. KK2 knights debate aside, how many blue, green, purple, and red knights do you need? The soldiers, king, and bull soldiers in KLC are much more useful. KLC has two female figs, an actual Queen and princess (and the princess is awesome, Joan of Arc anyone?). The entire line of KK2 has no females, unless you count the chess set.

Morcia beats out KLC in the flag department. But the design of the flags is pretty lacking. I prefer the Morcian lion, but the rest of the flag design does nothing for me. While Morica comes with three flags, they are plastic. Cloth flags look and feel so much better and the two (banner and large tapestry/sail) that KLC comes with are both unusual.

Morcia again beats out KLC in piece count, but its only by ~100. Both castles have a rather low piece count but the pieces in KLC are much more useful to me. The wedges, that are so prolific in Morcia, have only limited use outside of space and then there are the printed 1x2x5s with the Morcian and Shadow Knight emblems printed on opposite sides. Not a very versatile piece.

So, while I understand why most people don't like KLC, I prefer it to the other two options.

My apologies for the long post,
Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Remyth
Trade King
Location: At the corner of Nowhere Avenue and Not Close to Anything Street

Post by Remyth »

JoshWedin wrote:(and the princess is awesome, Joan of Arc anyone?)
Yeah. Really, how many castle sets had LEGO made with girl knights. Quite a few girls were/wanted to be knights/footsoldiers in the medieval times. But where is that in LEGO?

My 2 cents,
Thomas Wunz <><

"A nameless, shapeless beast from the dark underside of Chat." - Josh Wedin

[url=http://flickr.com/photos/11381994@N00/]Flickr[/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I'd have to agree on the value of Princess Storm from Leo's castle - and they made her look very strong and cool too - not with pink armor or any hearts or what not - this fact alone (along with the queen) were another factor that made me appreciate Leo's castle more - although I can admit the front gate is somewhat lacking~
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Norro
Councilor

Post by Norro »

I had to go with King Leo's Castle. Bley is a huge issue (still) to me. Hence it is like buying a red castle, an on the whole useless colour. I also think Leo's, although lacking in design (as they all are) has some very usable pieces (for the era in question).

God Bless,

Nathan
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

ottoatm wrote: although I can admit the front gate is somewhat lacking~
It is better, however, than Morcia's gate, which is not even connected to the castle.

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

Oi, I like king leo's castle more than Morica, for three reasons, The castle of Morica has practically no defenses whatsoever, two it doesn't have any footsoilders, archers or any units of range for that matter, and three kk1 castle has a better design, it doesn't have spinning tops for defenses. I am not bieng bias, I have king leo's castle and that castle of morica. Forgot, how do you get up the castle of morica! There is no stairs and routes to get up!
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: What do you think is better?

Post by gormadoc1 »

I voted for royal kings castle because you basicaly have everthing a king,wizard,accesories,a horse etc. It has a king that I dont thik is king Leo and the wizard isnt majisto but its like a set that was made to be like not part of anything just a good alround set that you could buy. :D .

...gormadoc1
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.