Weekly Set Review: Vladek's Dark Fortress

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Re: Weekly Set Review: Vladek's Dark Fortress

Post by Ben the lego king »

I got this set for Christmas one year. I liked it and I worked on it all that day. It is one of the best castles Ive got and one of my all time favorites.
KKI is the best KKI is the best
maniac29
Peasant

Post by maniac29 »

Although I don't have this set, I think it is awesome. The menancing looks give it just the right feel for a baddie fortress. :twisted:
RoyT
Villein

Post by RoyT »

maniac29 wrote:Although I don't have this set, I think it is awesome. The menancing looks give it just the right feel for a baddie fortress. :twisted:
I have to agree the look and feel of it does make it a "baddie" fortress. However, it is under-developed and needs improvment. I do like the different pieces that come with it, and for some reason i love the doors. I personally think the catapult looks silly. I plan on modifying this in the near future to something that looks kinda like a fortress. Currently its in a box in storage
Sir Prog
Laborer

Re:

Post by Sir Prog »

Rayhawk wrote:Hee hee, I just found a whole shelf unit of VDF's at a one-day sale at Goodwill on Saturday. I grabbed as many as would fit in my car.

For $22, I think Vladek's Dark Fortress is a very fine set indeed.
:shock: :shock: :twitch: :twitch:

Incredible story! That is a rarity indeed that few could ever testify to. I'm not a fan (anymore) of multiple(s) purchasing, but if I were in that situation I'd reason that I should spend as much as it'd cost at face and reap the rewards! ($22 x 5 = $110, or the GREATEST villain castle EVAH!)
For the King's Castle!
veevers24
Newbie of the Month

Post by veevers24 »

Although it is eye-catching this wouldn't work as a castle one little bit

I agree that the tan plates are useful though
Vycoul22
Villein

Re:

Post by Vycoul22 »

Rayhawk wrote:Hee hee, I just found a whole shelf unit of VDF's at a one-day sale at Goodwill on Saturday. I grabbed as many as would fit in my car.

That's incredible! congrats! I never thought about going to goodwill to look for Lego... I'll have to check some of them around here.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people may appear bright until they open their mouths.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Re: Re:

Post by Count Blacktron »

Vycoul22 wrote:

That's incredible! congrats! I never thought about going to goodwill to look for Lego... I'll have to check some of them around here.
Yeah, sure. But I suppose first you'll want to create a working time machine that allows you to go three years in the past.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
shoggoth666
Laborer

Post by shoggoth666 »

I biult this set last week. My daughter of 5 had assembled several moc horror/spooky minifigs and asked if we could biuld a haunted house for them. I suggested a haunted castle and the darkly sinister and imposing Vladeks fortress was just the ticket. Great set in my opinion, an enjoyable biuld.
" He was a man...I drink to his shade. The heads of ten Picts will pay for his, and seven heads for the dog who was a better warrior than many a man."