Weekly Minifig Review: King

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

Sir Kohran wrote:
PunkRockCowboy wrote:It's nice that Lego finally came out with a king around this time, but like every other new character they introduced they saturated the market with him *cough* like ghosts *cough*. The other day I realized that somehow I have more Royal Kings than I have Royal Knights and that's kind of messed up... Maybe I converted all chainmail Royal Knights into Black Knights/Monarchs, but even so it's messed up that I have about 4 of these guys and only 3 soldiers.
I like the torso as it can be used for more stuff than just a King, and it's nice to have a cape too, and new faces are always good to have (although I wouldn't over use this one) but I always thought that the Royal Knights were a bit too cartoonish so I prefer both the Chess King and the new Crown Knight King to this one.
How did you end up with more Royal Kings than knights? He only comes in three sets, two of which have multiple knights. So unless you bought lots of 6008s or the king by himself I don't know you could have ended up with more kings than knights.

- Matt
I'm pretty sure that I turned all the chain mail soldiers into Black Knights instead.
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Weekly Minifig Review: King

Post by gormadoc1 »

I think this is one of the best kings ever released. :D
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.