Weekly Minifig Reveiw: Majisto

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Danju the Clever
Artisan

Weekly Minifig Reveiw: Majisto

Post by Danju the Clever »

Join the (unnoficial) Weekly Minifig Review! Post on the minifig's color scheme, accesories, preference, etc. Which minifigs stand up to our sword of critique and which are slain in shame?

This week's minifig is...

Majisto!
Majisto was released in 1993 for the Dragon Masters. Known as Merlin in Europe, Majisto was the first minifig to make use of the hat and beard peices, as well as the first with an official name.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Majisto was an okay fig. However, I preferred the Dumbledore character as a wizard, since Majisto looks to plain. His beard can be used to make Gandalf and Saruman figs though, just like those by Justin Stebbins.
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Majisto (or Merline I believe for the UK release?) is one of my all-time favourite figs getting beaten only by Harry Cane from the Adventurers line.

The pointed hat, the simple uncharacterised face and the beard piece all on top of a simple blue-torso makes him a fantastic personality within any set, or indeed, any MOC.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Around here he was only ever known as "Trollkarlen" ("the wizard"). One of my absolute favorite minifigs. One of the earliset examples of a real character in the castle line, and he did'nt even need a specially printed head!

That beard piece is one of the grestest ever.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

I like him because he was the first wizard, and more so because he is blue. 8)

Kelderic
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

I think the beard element was first used for this minifig, so for that alone this fig is great. Also the blue peasants torso is a very reusable piece.
Lord Felix
Landlord

Post by Lord Felix »

The torso is really great; we have grey, green, and blue types of it, and I love all three (even though I only have two of them). I like the beard, and the hat is ok. Overall, it is a great fig.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Dandin]Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8499398@N07/]Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/candlemusic]My Band: Candle[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Majisto/Merlin is a great figure. My main gripe is that he has been in too many sets. Including key chain and magnet sets, he has been released 7 times. It would be nice to see an all grey, white, brown, red, or green version of Majisto. A wizard with a black or brown beard would also be nice.

Ben
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

When this figure was first realised I didn’t like him very much, but since then he has definitely grown on me.
DARKspawn wrote:…the blue peasants torso is a very reusable piece.
I would have to definitely agree with DARKspawn on this one. I use the blue torso’s on my peasants/townsfolk.

I have now created various colour versions of Majisto, this is based on what colour hat I can obtain from bricklink. I would say that the green version is my favourite.
Zacku
Laborer

Post by Zacku »

I was so happy when I first got the magic shop set. I'd always wanted the awesome Wizard leading the Dragon Masters. I actually made a green version, but he's one of the many awesome minifigures I made that disappeared when we moved. :cry:
Your ad here.
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

Majisto was a good fig. He has a body that can be used for peasants, a beard, which can be used for mages, old men, Dwarves, etc., and the classic wizard hat. They should really release an almost exact copy except different colour such as red, white, black, brown, etc. Or you can customize... :wink:
leaf_of_lire
Reeve

Post by leaf_of_lire »

I really don't like him, but it is good to have at least one wizard in the kingdom.
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

This is one fig I never really got on board. He actually came very close to starting a dark age for me. (god bless the dragons that came with 'em) He seemed like the type of fig that everyone should have one of, but having bought multiple copies of various castle access packs I have WAY too many white beards and blue hats, probably about 50 of each. And those wands, probably got 100 of them. His torso, as others have said, is very useful for making hordes of peasants, but not all of them are gonna be old or wanna wear a stupid pointy hat.
A cool enough mini but if lego wanted to make sure that every kid had a wizard they could've just put him in the smaller set for the line and not given me a beard, hat, and wand with every access pack after. (Oh wait, they did put him in the small set, and the kinda small set, and the average set, and the not-so-small set, and the bigger set, and the.....)
Made my point, :lol:
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I thought he was pretty good(because hes the only wizard I have) :roll:
I am.......a....Future Legend
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Weekly Minifig Reveiw: Majisto

Post by gormadoc1 »

This is one of the best minifig ever and it just looks so eyecatching. I absoulutley love it :D .
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.