No Castle sets available at Shop @ Home...

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
medib
Bailiff

No Castle sets available at Shop @ Home...

Post by medib »

Sad, but True.

In North America, (USA and Canada), Blacksmith Shop,
Guarded Inn, and Black Falcon's Fortress.

Talk about depression!

So all this talk about Castle being a good year....
looks like the writing is on the wall (or on Shop.Lego.Com).

pardon me while I wail and mourn the demise of Castle...
:cry:

Benjamin Medinets
Dada
Freeman

Post by Dada »

Pleurz not... :P

KK2 will be in a few months and while waiting for, certain new Haary Potter are available...

:evil: Tremble death-alives... My Gryffins will reduce out of powder your frail bones... :twisted:
(As of-that I would have them) :wink:
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Do you expect that KK2 will replace our dear and love Guarded Inn and Black Falcon Fortress ??? :?

They are all sold out. I'm happy I had the great idea to buy each of them 3 weeks ago, just before it was sold out. Blacksmith shop was already sold out then.

I hope they will make more of them, or release more Legend.
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Lucky...

I had wanted a couple more Black Falcon's Fortress, but there were a few other things I had wanted more. If I had known that they ALL would have sold out, I would have bought others before.

I am sure that by keeping them up on the site, that more
copies of each are in production (I hope) for the christmas
season, else...

This whole color issue is becoming very annoying and distracting. Sucking up (buying all) the castle sets just because they are an ideal source for classic light gray.

I think if Lego was smart, they would bite the bullet and return things back to normal. Use the new colors on
retail items, and let us have access to the old greys in bulk packs and in legends and shop@home exclusives.

As for the upcoming Harry Potter sets and the KK2 sets coming....as David said already, these will NEVER replace the coolness of the legends. Sure there will be castle, just not the castle that the majority of us Castle-heads had dreamed on. (more like a very bad nightmare).

Ben M.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

KK2 is a worthless pile of scum when held up to the brilliance of the Black Falcon's Fortress and the Guarded Inn. Blacksmith Shop is also a better set than any of the KK2 sets. The new sets do not even feel like castle sets to me, the set designs and coloration are just absurd. Couple that with the whole gray issue and these sets are looking less appealing by the minute. I wish castle could return to its former greatness, but I don't think it will happen.

I will likely buy one of most of these sets to get one of each of the new figs, not the castle though it is too expensive and I could buy 20 assorted light gray brick packs or one lame castle, its not even a choice. In fact I did buy those assorted light gray bricks with the money I had expected to spend on new sets.

The purple and light blue armor will be primered and rub n' buffed. The helmets the same, but I have big doubts they will look good even with rub n' buff. Maybe they will though, so it is worth a shot.

So castle may be returning to te shelves, but I think it will arrive without the fanfare I expected a new retail castle line might have had. It certainly doesn't replace the Legends line though of course the Legends will likely not return with the old grays, so they could feel their popularity wane as well.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

David Girard wrote:Do you expect that KK2 will replace our dear and love Guarded Inn and Black Falcon Fortress ??? :?

They are all sold out. I'm happy I had the great idea to buy each of them 3 weeks ago, just before it was sold out. Blacksmith shop was already sold out then.

I hope they will make more of them, or release more Legend.

I found the (literally) last Blacksmith Shop at Downtown Disney hidden amongst the Star Wars sets a few weeks ago. None in the back, and the shelf area for them was empty, and the staff didn't know if they would get any more in. But the Glendale Lego store had plenty of the BFF in, at least.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Wow :shock: I just ordered a BFF a week ago. Good thing I did it then!
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Croaker
Serf

Post by Croaker »

Man that sucks! I've been going through a divorce and I have been waiting to get a couple more Black Falcon's Castles
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Sorry to hear about your Marital problems. Life can certainly get in the way of a hobby.

Between job and car problems, I had also held off buying any more of these sets until the spring and now the chance is gone. If the sets do become available again, they will likely be in the new grays. No longer legendary, but one possible way of having enough new grays to actually build something. They don't mix well with old, but we may be stuck with them.
:(
Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Not so fast. There are still two castle sets on SAH. #3732 Castle Expander Pack and #10066 Castle Accessories.

Not quite what you had in mind, but still there nonetheless. I am kind of disappointed I missed buying another Black Falcon Fortress too.

Steve
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I can remember those heady days in the 80's and 90's when the new year brought new and unique and cool castle legos. I had a 375 castle from childhood along with the Knight's Tour. and of course the Knight's Procession. First the Lions, then the Black Falcons, then the Forestmen (which I have always referred to as Elves) then the wolfpack. Can ya feel the love?
:D
The Dragon Masters marked a change. Where were the Crusaders and Falcons? Then the Fright Knights. By the time those lame cartoon lions came out I had accepted that Lego had turned it's back on it's premier line--castle. :(

Castle has been in hiatus now for several years. Harry Parter sets have whetted my appetite, but I wanted more.

But the KK2 sets confirm my belief that Lego is in some financial difficulties. 2004 bricks look and feel of a lower quality, am I just imagining this? Now the color change. The new colors just don't fit. In the past (TTK, RedBean and B-Man back me up here) you could paint with Testers and the colors all matched! I just don't buy in "we've just decided (after 20 years) that these colors don't work" excuse.

Ah well, what's a castle head to do? Buy up some NLG (new light grey) and see what happens. Lego company, Lego company, where for art thou Lego company? :cry:
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Section8
Villein

Post by Section8 »

I picked up a Blacksmith shop at the LEGO store in Chicago just a week ago for $40 :D They had at least 10 left. I also got a BFF there, but they didn't have any Inns. I went online to get it a few days ago but sold out on LEGO.com, so I had to pay way more for one on bricklink.

Also, do any of you think that the posting of the new LEGO survey and the sold out status of the Legends on LEGO.com is a just a coincidence? I think not...
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Section8 wrote:...Also, do any of you think that the posting of the new LEGO survey and the sold out status of the Legends on LEGO.com is a just a coincidence? I think not...
Interesting take. You might be right!

mD
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

NOT TRUE!
For all you Chicago residents (or close) The Nordstrom Lego shop has huge stockpiles of Black falcon's Fortress and Blacksmith Shop! I was there on Wednesday, I know!
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
Jennifer
Queen Jenn the Hottie

Post by Jennifer »

I bought the BFF and the GI from Shop at Home quite recently. I just got them 3 or 4 days ago. The BFF box was damaged as received from UPS, and as it is a gift for my son, I called LEGO. They are supposedly sending me another copy of the set. So there must still be a few there somewhere! ;)