Weekly Set Review: Royal Drawbridge

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
The Hag
Freeman

Post by The Hag »

This set is pretty nice.
Although i dislike the cartoonish Royal Knights, the set itself has many usefull pieces. A large number of figs (skelly included), some burps, arches, grey pieces, black plates, a little foliage and the blue baseplate is nice aswell.

Like mentioned before, the large pieces on top of the towers are not so great, but well...

All in all, i'd give this one a 7.5/10.. maybe an 8/10 tops
Patron of the lego
Archer

Post by Patron of the lego »

Someone please help me find this set! A beauty alone, jails, towers and interesting drawbredge! 10/10 EDIT: like all royal knights sets lots of shields!
I am leniet to all lego sets :) gooday to all
Last edited by Patron of the lego on Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

This set appears to have some good play qualities to it. I like the skeleton in the “prison”. The drawbridge looks nice and high above the water, so it is good for little boats to sail under it (I thinking about it from a child’s perspective).

Now having said all that, I don’t own this set, and from the looks of it, I probably never will.

Overall: 6/10
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

Nothing inspiring, but it is still good compared to the KKII sets. I would have to call the Royal Knights as a whole a middle-ranged theme: better than KK and Fright Knights, but in no way able to match Black Falcons or Forestmen.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

Actually, I kind of like this set. It is not like the new Gargoyles Bridge which stinks. This is pretty cool. And it is in Black Knights theme.
PunkRockCowboy
Apprentice

Post by PunkRockCowboy »

I have this set. It's pretty cool. I was never too much of a fan of the Royal Knights, but I think this is a cool bridge/checkpoint. Kinda like the Wolfpack tower. Not sure which I like more.
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Weekly Set Review: Royal Drawbridge

Post by gormadoc1 »

This set reminds me of the new drawbridge defence set. I like it because of its small strong,castle look and its design is realy effective . I think its a great good sized set with good minifigs. :D I'd give it 9/10 because its a fantastic set but it could have a bigger boat or some land at the front but otherwise great set. :D
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
Ben the lego king
Apprentice

Post by Ben the lego king »

I like this set. playablity is good and nice figs.

9/10
KKI is the best KKI is the best
DraconisTerrena
Apprentice

Post by DraconisTerrena »

I like it. It went really well with the Royal Knight's castle, had a decent array of parts, and had better-than-average playability. I'll give it an 8/10.
"A warrior is always joyful because his love is unalterable and his beloved, the earth, embraces him and bestows upon him inconceivable gifts."
-- Don Juan, Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda