Theme Review: KKI

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Lawkeeper
Peasant

Post by Lawkeeper »

Those sets were great! Small example: those promotional sets with the silver armor pieces. King Leo's Castle was one of the best sets in the line, and Bull's Attack included lots of figs and equipment. If the line would come back, I'd buy them.
imperialshadows
Villein

Post by imperialshadows »

I'm pretty much with the pack here. Very nice accessory and minifig assortment, less impressive structures but some useful parts in old grey, so who's complaining? If I'd been paying more attention at the time, I might have tried to pick up some of these for the same reason I intend to stock up on the smaller 2007 castle sets: minifigs, armour, and accessories.

On a seperate note, the new skellie horses could have saved Fright Knights from living up to it's name so badly.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Lawkeeper wrote:and Bull's Attack included lots of figs and equipment..
That set did come with lots of weapons and siege machinery, but only four soldiers, some small sets have more figs.

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
The_Fright_Knight
Laborer

Post by The_Fright_Knight »

This theme was bloody awesome. I only got two sets, though- Axe Cart for Christmas a few years back, and the Guarded Treasury a few years later. But to give you an idea of how much I like it, I actually made stickers for Princess Storm and John of Mayne (some of the first stickers I ever made...).
"Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"
-Bilbo Baggins
wallgorn
Freeman

Post by wallgorn »

I managed to get four sets from this theme, King Leo, Guarded Treasury, Royal Joust, and Catapult Crusher. Catapult Crusher being my favorite of the four sets that I got. I still have the catapult built. Catapult Crusher is the only set from that theme that I still have built. I have all the minifigures with the rest of my castle sets, Black Falcon's Fortress and KK2 sets. I just recently found the instructions to Guarded Treasury, so I will be rebuilding that set. The soldiers were pretty good, but I have never liked how the legs don't stay in the horse saddles very well.
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

I regret not getting any of the chrome sets featuring the armor, sword, shield etc.
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

Donut wrote:I regret not getting any of the chrome sets featuring the armor, sword, shield etc.
As do I... but I had no time to even look at a Lego catalogue at that time. I think that at least KK1 looked medieval. There was stained glass, the cool new helmets, the chromed pieces, the new "tower" pieces (which, weren't my cup of tea, but I could see a kid wanting that new piece). There was siege equipment, too. KK2 looked like it took place on another planet, the walls were almost "space-like." They cleaned things up with the second wave, though, and the scorpion knights absolutely rock (yes, they were in the first wave too)!
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Theme Review: KKI

Post by gormadoc1 »

I liked the theme because of king Leo the most. :)

...gormadoc1
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.