LEGO Church...CCC maybe....

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
adm_matthew
Journeyman

LEGO Church...CCC maybe....

Post by adm_matthew »

Last night I began working on a LEGO Church, It may be to the CCC standard even!

Here is a teaser pic of the inside
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mattc ... church.jpg

the Church is built on a 16x16 baseplate and has a black roof

I still can't decide if the church is Catholic or Anglican...... :p

PLMKWYT

(btw the crusaders are massing to go to war...)[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Looks Anglican to me. I have spent a great deal of time falling asleep in Catholic church, definitly Anglican, its not oppressive enough to be Catholic. Looking forward to seeing a finished MOC.

WL
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
The Dragon Master

Post by The Dragon Master »

wlister wrote:Looks Anglican to me. I have spent a great deal of time falling asleep in Catholic church, definitly Anglican, its not oppressive enough to be Catholic. Looking forward to seeing a finished MOC.

WL
I am somewhat offended from that comment, a myself being raised as a Catholic. If I was really religious I would be greatly offended by that. Keep in mind this is a Lego castle forum, not an insult people's religious practices. Sorry for getting off topic.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Although Classic Castle does not have a code of conduct yet, let us not discuss religion as it may offend people.

Instead you can easily use terms such as Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, etc to describe religious architecture.

On this topic: Most western European churches built before the reformation were Roman Catholic churches. English Gothic existed before and after this split. Today Catholics and Protestants share a wide variety of Architectural forms.

Thanks,

Ben E.

Sets Admin
(Architectural Historian in training)
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I am Catholic myself and was poking fun of my own religion, not making a serious commentary. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

WL
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
wlister wrote:I am Catholic myself and was poking fun of my own religion, not making a serious commentary. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
Seriously, if your comment was offending then I am a terrorist.

Bye
Jojo

Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
architect wrote:Although Classic Castle does not have a code of conduct yet, let us not discuss religion as it may offend people.
I agree that this is not the appropriate forum for discussions regarding religious aspects, especially not for discussions which religion may be the best.

On the other hand the middle ages (remember, that's the time when classic castles were actually built) were a periode that had been stamped by religios matters. So speaking about middle ages almost always means speaking about something that has to do with religion. Build a monastery: All non-catholic people could feel offended. Speak about crusades (and 'Crusaders' even is the name of an official faction!) and all Muslim and Jewish people could feel offended. Build a scene in which a witch is burnt at the stake and all women and red-haired people can feel offended. And so on.

People come on, we are adults. Or at least we try to behave like that :-) We are able to speak about certain things on an abstract level, aren't we?

Bye
Jojo

The Dragon Master

Post by The Dragon Master »

I am sorry I started this. I didn't mean to start anything.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I am sorry I started this. I didn't mean to start anything.
No problem. I dont think you intended to offend anyone. I am sure we will all end up discussing LEGO and medieval architecture.

Jojo writes:
On the other hand the middle ages (remember, that's the time when classic castles were actually built) were a periode that had been stamped by religious matters. So speaking about middle ages almost always means speaking about something that has to do with religion
This is true. But we can discuss religious buildings in terms of design, architecture, and history while avoiding broad religious statements not related to the buildings.

Hey Troy, will you lock this thread. [joke]I want my Classic-Castle Omnipotent powers! :lol: [/joke]

Ben E.
Sets Admin