So here it is - My first *real* castle MOC. (Tower)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
J1A3L5
Steward

So here it is - My first *real* castle MOC. (Tower)

Post by J1A3L5 »

Hello all-
I'm happy to say I've finished my first real castle MOC. I've done a few castle things before, but nothing like this which is actually a fortress.

(Clickable pic)

I think most things are said on that page, not sure how much explaination is needed here. Ask anything you'd like.

Thanks and enjoy!
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Very cool. I like the windows, and the 1x1s used in the door arch. Due to my slow connection, I have not looked at the interior yet. I may post more after seeing that.

My only negative observation, is it looks very monolithic and box-like. Maybe you could make the ramparts at the top widen out a bit. Use some inverted slopes. I feel like I'm not articulating my suggestion well.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I have been seeing this as a work in progress jail and I gotta say its pretty awesome!

Great work and I cant wait to see more stuff from you.

freak
canadais2cool
Villein

Post by canadais2cool »

ok, this is amazingly sweet! :D
I have never seen such a great moc, and you even made it look like a funny face on the front so little kids will like it too! Oh, man, this is great, I am going to try and build one. I'll even make it an angry face for my evil army. :twisted:
Canada, Eh?
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

A really nice Black Falcon fortress. I like the interior of this stucture. The fortress is impenetrable for the enemy to attack. Cool! :D

Erwin
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

I think this is very cool. I really like the ladder and how the hinges allow it to double in size! I might a technique like that on a castle I'm working on. I hope you don't mind...
Philosophies of my life:

"A PC turned off is better than a PC turned on"

"It's not about who wins...it's about who gets to gloat after they win."
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Thanks for the kind words. I got pretty excited making this.
Athos wrote:My only negative observation, is it looks very monolithic and box-like. Maybe you could make the ramparts at the top widen out a bit. Use some inverted slopes. I feel like I'm not articulating my suggestion well.
I noticed that too, but unfortunately it used almost every grey brick I had - I have more than half of my grey bricks used in a space MOC! :twisted:
Sir Smittens wrote:I think this is very cool. I really like the ladder and how the hinges allow it to double in size! I might a technique like that on a castle I'm working on. I hope you don't mind...
Of course I don't mind. :) Go ahead and use what you'd like.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Wow, very nice work.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Personally I like the smooth flat walls with no overhang. The arrow slits are great and the interior detailing are nicely done. Higher battlements would probably protect your castle defenders better, but as you said your brick supply is low and as a standalone MOC this is nicely done.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Nice tower! I'm glad you were able to figure out that window problem you were talking about in chat. Humorus description.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
jb
Freeman

Post by jb »

Great first castle creation! I like how you raised the fortress to include a true basement! Nice work on the SNOT windows as well. I like the interior, but I think it could use some more features to add a little 'clutter'. The only thing I would change is to add some color and/or texture to kindof breakup the 'plain' grey walls. Maybe throw in a few dark grey 1x1s or 1x2s and some 1x2 'grill' bricks. Keep it up!

James
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

I like it, very sturdy looking. It really gives a feeling of defiance and strength, one of those, "Go ahead and attack... just ask yourself: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk? Do you feel lucky?" types of keeps.

I really enjoy this MOC, all the details inside really help a lot. Then again, I've learned that the hard way... details matter.

I don't mind the flat sidedness of it, though my main point of criticism is you have one wall with no defensive window. I realize it's the wall that the keep splits on, but you could work it in one side or the other.

I'm definately going to have to steal that window design, though.

Great job!

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.