Custom Weapons

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Bricksidge
Philosopher-King of the Gong Farmers

Post by Bricksidge »

canadais2cool wrote:who wants to know what his cresent moon staff looks like huh, huh (scrolldown).........a wrench and a screwdriver on a lightsaber handle, what do you guys think? :twisted:
I have no idea what you are trying to communicate. Please rephrase it (and cut down on the emoticons, I did it for you this time)
~[url=http://www.neutronbot.com/kevin/]Kevin Blocksidge[/url]
cracker nate
Peasant

Ummm

Post by cracker nate »

canadais2cool wrote:who wants to know what his cresent moon staff looks like huh, huh (scrolldown).........a wrench and a screwdriver on a lightsaber handle, what do you guys think? :twisted:
I think a few things. One, is that the weapons posted are all great ideas, especcially for the purists out there. Second is that there's really no reason to post if you're going to be negative. I could look at Bob Carney's castles and say "All they are are just some bricks stacked on top of each other".

Last I checked, Lego was all about taking peices and putting them together in interesting ways. If this has changed, someone please tell me.
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Re: Ummm

Post by Sir Smittens »

cracker nate wrote:
I think a few things. One, is that the weapons posted are all great ideas, especcially for the purists out there. Second is that there's really no reason to post if you're going to be negative. I could look at Bob Carney's castles and say "All they are are just some bricks stacked on top of each other".

Last I checked, Lego was all about taking peices and putting them together in interesting ways. If this has changed, someone please tell me.
Well said. I'm not sure how much we can hold it against you, as on many of the other forums I've seen people are always insulting or making fun of each other. However, one of the things that has always made this one so enjoyable for me is the respect everyone shows. Personally, I enjoy criticism as long as it's constructive. If you mentioned what you don't like about the design, and suggeted ways of improvement, Nate and I probably would not have posted our messages. This is all just my personal moral code, I'm not sure about other people.

--Caleb

P.S. I suppose I'm not the most knowledgable in terms of Lego, but I think you're right on in your assesment of Lego.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I think that the crescant moon staff looks really cool. Its simplicity and the fact that it uses elements not commonly used in the Castle theme make it that much neater.
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Necessity is the mother of invention - I would have used a wand/light sabre blade rather than the scewdriver, but if you have a surplus of screwdrivers, go for it! But maybe he wanted a tapered end, or the wand would be too long for it's intended purpose (I'm using it as a pole arm, but I get the impression he's using it as more of a war staff). I'm going to make some of these to add variety to my pole arms.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Dude you are ruining our reputation as a polite people. If the rest of the world thought we were this unpleasant all the time, our tourist industry would die. :wink:

Seriously though, try to keep it polite, even when I'm being rude, I try to keep some politeness in it.

Personally I like the cresent moon staff and I can see using it as an object of power rather than as a polearm, but the design in its simplicity is what makes it look good.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Were you being critical if so. I think it looks great i'm gonna build it my self. So next time chill out a bit. As others have said. Critsicm is good as long as it is consctructive. For instance I'm in the roleplay. And at my first post I asked for feedback on it. Daimyo and Lordof the Lego gave me feedback but they were polite about it and it helped me see the mistakes I had made. So next time state why you think it's bad or ugly and help him to get it better. But if you are rude then I don't think that will help anyone. So just be polite when giving critiscim. Okay.
Space rocks.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Funny how a post with rude comments and the posts after it that go waayyy off-topic do not get deleted, yet my posts with the Kampilan custom weapons get deleted? :? :x
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

JPinoy wrote:Funny how a post with rude comments and the posts after it that go waayyy off-topic do not get deleted, yet my posts with the Kampilan custom weapons get deleted? :? :x
Your post was not deleted. It was moved by another admin to the Castle Customs forum.

viewtopic.php?t=1246

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

Personally, I think that the design could look better. I think it is a good thing For Canadais2cool to post his honest opinion. If somthing looked horribul, and everyone told him it looked great, the person would be imbarresed when he found out the truth.
I understand some people love sava's design, but are you saying people have to like it? He is just posting his opinion, so why don't you get off his back? :wink:
canadais2cool
Villein

Post by canadais2cool »

sorry everyone feels that way about my post, but i ment to say it was just my opinion. Everyone else can think what they want, that's just what i thought :twisted: :twisted:
Canada, Eh?
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

Barbapple wrote:
Personally, I think that the design could look better. I think it is a good thing For Canadais2cool to post his honest opinion. If somthing looked horribul, and everyone told him it looked great, the person would be imbarresed when he found out the truth.
I understand some people love sava's design, but are you saying people have to like it? He is just posting his opinion, so why don't you get off his back? :wink:
I'm not sure if your wink was referring to your entire post, but as it doesn't seem like it, I'll try to clear it up a bit.

The problem with is post isn't that he doesn't like Sava's design...like you said, if we all said we liked everything, there would be some problems...the problem is that he just says he doesn't like it, and doesn't mention why, or how it could be improved. If I said to you "I hate you" that would be very rude. If I said "Personally, I don't like that your posts are always off topic" (Not that they are...keep in mind this is just an example) You might still not like me saying that (It's hard to take criticism no matter what form it's in), but it would give you an idea of something to try to change in the future.

I hope this cleared everything up, and that your wink wasn't about your entire post, because then I'd look like an idiot. It's what I personally saw wrong with canadais2cool's post, and others may say the same thing or not.

--Caleb
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

new custom weapon. I like to call it a Sauron mace. Harrypoter wand dark gray and the bottom of one of the torpedoes that comes with Jango's slaveI. Put the torpedoe top going first onto the harrypotter wand and you have a cool mace. I f any of you with digi cams can make this could ya post a pic for those who don't understand?
Space rocks.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

I'm quite proud of my two warhammers:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lordo ... n_king.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lordo ... hammer.jpg

I also use the duel edged pike and mace, and I can't wait to build that cool snake-flail!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:I'm quite proud of my two warhammers:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lordo ... n_king.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lordo ... hammer.jpg

I also use the duel edged pike and mace, and I can't wait to build that cool snake-flail!
Those hammers are also very neat. Perhaps a little large for a minifig, in my opinion, but very cool nonetheless. I might experiment with the design with my HP troll figure.