My Latest completed MOC

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

My Latest completed MOC

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Hello, I have never posted my MOCs in this site other than for contest. Can you please give me some tips and advice on what I may improve for future MOCs. All is apreciated.

Here is a link:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=81336

Here is one for MOC pages where you can vote on it:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/4046

Thanks for your time.
Dan
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Dan,

I liked your contest entries. Your moc's seem to have very nice terrain. I would suggest adding more colors to the terrain and small details to avoid large chunks of the same colors. like adding a few light grey plates to your dark grey rock.

Ben E.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Um... there doesn't seem to be much to critique. Nice castle! :D
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey Dan,

I really like the overall architecture of this one, also the landscaping it sits on. One suggestion I would make is to actually take away the spit of land that runs up the right hand side of this photo:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=743654

With that land there, it makes you wonder why they put the entrance where they did, with the need to build the two little bridges for the road to cross. Instead they could have put the main entrance over on the right and run the road across that spit (unless it is covered at high tide?). Also if you remove that spit the castle is more easily defended.

Bruce
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

The terrain is really nice. I always wanted to do a castle on a rough terrain. But I really can't for lack of alot of bricks. As Ben said:Maybe some different colors. The camera work is great though :wink:
Space rocks.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hi Dan,

That is very nice work. The terrain could use a bit more greenery and perhaps a bit of brown to offset all that dark gray. The shape of the terrain is excellent and the trees are very organic looking. The two bridges and the rock connection between the two towers looks great. I like the asymmetrical shape of the castle and the taller
crennelations really add to the fortified are is the structure. I like the enclosed staircase at the rear of the castle as well. Is the interior accessible? If it isn't that would be my recommendation for improving your MOCs in the future. Outside of that it certainly outshines any of the castles I have built.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

Die mongolians!!! :twisted: :twisted:

*To all Mongolians:no offence, i was talking about the barbarian mongolians in the picture :wink: *
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Awsome Castle! :D :D :D

I like the landscape and the way you built it is wonderful.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
RuthleSs__PaLadin
Apprentice

Post by RuthleSs__PaLadin »

Hi everyone, thanks for your comments.

Thank you Benjamin for your terrain suggestions, it definately would look better with light gray plates.

Thank you Bruce, I actually the first version of my MOC did not include that piece of land, it was a one way river with no dead end, it is weird cause I added that land later just to get rid of the left over dark gray bricks. So thank you for that comment, it is apreciated.

Thank you Forester for the camera praise.

Thank you Will for your comments, The dungeon is actually accessible, only that I lacked the tile pieces to make it open up nicely, so I usually just leave the prisoners locked up good.

Thanks again to everyone who posted on my MOC set. I am currently almost completing my new MOC, which is a falcon keep built on a raised rock mountain on the ocean. I will be posting these soon. Thanks again everyone.

Dan