Ruined Lookout Tower

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Ruined Lookout Tower

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

What is it with my fascination with ruined things?

Anyway, while I've been organizing my legos, I decided to self instruct myself in landscaping. I think I did OK, and just for some flavor, I put a little ruined lookout tower on top. Hope you all like it!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=83195 (after mod.)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lemon ... stview.jpg
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

This looks really nice. One thing though. I didn't notice many brown and gray in the terrain. Try and spread some in there just to make the terrain seem for terrainy :wink:
Space rocks.
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

i made something like that a few days ago but i smashed it to make a castle :( . it looked pretty much like that except it was bigger and populated by elves
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Speaking as someone who has never made a landscape before, I can't say if it is good or bad. But to me it look great. Reminds me of (Tolkien) Weathertop.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Thanks for your imput!
This looks really nice. One thing though. I didn't notice many brown and gray in the terrain. Try and spread some in there just to make the terrain seem for terrainy
Well, I wanted it just to be a 'hill' - the size kind of reflects that. I suppose I could have, but Loose stones and dirt really comes into play when you are doing a larger outcrop, mountain, etc.
Speaking as someone who has never made a landscape before, I can't say if it is good or bad. But to me it look great. Reminds me of (Tolkien) Weathertop.
:lol: yeah, that's what I was thinking when I was putting it together.

Also, as a project update, I am doing something larger then I have ever done before - a large square keep. It will be awhile till I'm done. I'm going to need to get alot more greys - hopefully it will cover an entire baseplate...
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!