the Pastry Plunder Candy Shop

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

the Pastry Plunder Candy Shop

Post by the_Rascal_King »

4. the Pastry Plunder Candy and Sweets Shop
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=83922 (After Moderation)
Run by the Proude Sisters, a retired Sorceress and Alchemist, respectfully.
They delight in dazzling children with their often bizzare, yet delicious creations.

Sorry, I couldn't wait to post this!
It's got 4 walls! It opens!

Details!

And I'm just generally proud of it.
Plenty more pictures in the Brickshelf folder (after the animal sacrifice to the Bandwith God, of course.)
-Jason
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... alKing1083]the Rascal King[/url]
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

Another outstanding MOC! Again you've nailed the look of an official Lego design (although TLC would probably be too lazy to figure out how to make pastries with existing pieces--they'd just make a new mold). Your pastry ideas are very clever, however.

On the outside, is the writing above the door a sticker mounted on two 2x2 flat tan pieces? Or is that an official Lego piece?

--Caleb
Philosophies of my life:

"A PC turned off is better than a PC turned on"

"It's not about who wins...it's about who gets to gloat after they win."
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Sir Smittens wrote:Another outstanding MOC! Again you've nailed the look of an official Lego design (although TLC would probably be too lazy to figure out how to make pastries with existing pieces--they'd just make a new mold). Your pastry ideas are very clever, however.
Thanks Caleb! I got the idea for the shop while sorting pieces recently, and realized how many round yellow 1x1's I had (perfect for Minifig size cake!)
On the outside, is the writing above the door a sticker mounted on two 2x2 flat tan pieces? Or is that an official Lego piece?
It is actually neither! I added the Tengwar Noldor writing on the sign via Photoshop, as I currently lack the funds to purchase sticker paper.
Thanks for your comment!
-Jason
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... alKing1083]the Rascal King[/url]
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Sir Smittens wrote:Another outstanding MOC! Again you've nailed the look of an official Lego design (although TLC would probably be too lazy to figure out how to make pastries with existing pieces--they'd just make a new mold). Your pastry ideas are very clever, however.

--Caleb
I'll say! When I first say it, I thought it was a lego set! Great job the_Rascal_King! :D :!:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Great! Very nice, LEGO set-looking set, as already stated. One question; no stairs or ladder?!
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Robin Hood wrote:When I first say it, I thought it was a lego set! Great job the_Rascal_King! :D :!:
Thanks! What a compliment!
Mr. D wrote: One question; no stairs or ladder?!
No, there is none, as of yet. I wanted to put in a trap door, but due to size and the opening effect, it had to be cut.

Thanks guys!
-Jason
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I love this place! I like the colours, the design, and the very idea. My brother was looking over my shoulder when I saw it, and he thought that it was a real set. Awesome job!
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Formendacil wrote:I love this place! I like the colours, the design, and the very idea. My brother was looking over my shoulder when I saw it, and he thought that it was a real set. Awesome job!
Thanks alot, Formendacil!
I LOVE hearing that I build like TLG, esp. since I plan on being one of their deisgners one day!

BTW, where's your quote from?
I know I've heard it before, but I can't place it!

(Nevermind, I remember it is from Biblo's speech in FOTR. DUH! hehe)
-Jason
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

the_Rascal_King wrote: Thanks alot, Formendacil!
I LOVE hearing that I build like TLG, esp. since I plan on being one of their deisgners one day!
I should clarify that it looked like a classic set. Saying that is looked like one of the 2004 releases might be misconstrued as an insult! :wink:
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Formendacil wrote: I should clarify that it looked like a classic set. Saying that is looked like one of the 2004 releases might be misconstrued as an insult! :wink:
Yes, indeed, that would be quite an insult! hehe
-Jason
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

As others have said:All your mocs look like an actual Lego set. The pastry Ideas are fantastic. I really like he orange one speaking of which: How did you make them?
Space rocks.
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

forester3291 wrote:As others have said:All your mocs look like an actual Lego set. The pastry Ideas are fantastic. I really like he orange one speaking of which: How did you make them?
Thanks alot!
While building this one, I actually had those croissant and muffin peices from Belleville I believe, but I didn't have any of those, sadly, so I had to improvise.
Then orange ones are Scala peices I believe, from the Gryffindor Tower set in the HP1 series.
The rest are a combination of round 1x1s of different color, and my favorite pastry is a technic cog with a red jewel on top.
They look better in a minifig scale building, anyway.
-Jason
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Thanks. Again,I really like those orange ones
Space rocks.