Vikings

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Red Bean
Apprentice

Vikings

Post by Red Bean »

Hi guys.

Thought I'd preview my newest creations here rather than boring old Lugnet this time. 2 Viking helmuts made out of Sculpey (please don't ask me how I made them, they just take a little bit of skill and a lot of patient, that's all :D). As usual, good or bad, please voice your comments and feedbacks. Many thanks!

Isaac

(P.S. Yes, I know! The horns are a bit unsymmetrical on the first helmut, but please forgive my crude hands and unpolished skill. :cry: )

ImageImage
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Dude!!
those are so freaking cool!!!! :D
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Redbean,

I moved this thread to the moc's section. Your helmets are excellent. I would love it if LEGO made something similar. Great job!

Ben E.
Sets Admin
armothe
Apprentice

Post by armothe »

Awesome!

Now, when you gunna cast them and make some molds? :)

-A
gerkenz
Peasant

Back in business ;)

Post by gerkenz »

Yes, very cool !

We talked about a "pot-helmet" crusaders-time some month before:

I hope you'll think about to make some of those ;)

see ya.
----
see ya,
Kai
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

WOW !They are very nice. A small comment however about the first one. THe horn sare very long. Maybe, you can make them a bit shorter. Lego should make helmet like that. :wink:
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

The vikings did not wear helemts like those. That is pure myth. However, they are very good.

The reason that the horned helmet thing started was there is a monster from Norse myth that has a head/helmet like that.

Bye,

Jojo
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hallo!
Dragon Master wrote:Bye,
Jojo
Hey!

As for the helmets... Well, maybe those helmets are Gaulic rather than Norman. However, everybody considers them the typical headgear for Vikings. So I think it is OK to make horned helmets for them. Probably Robin Hood didn't wear an apple-green panty hose, either. Still everybody thinks he did :-)

Bye
Jojo

Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

:oops: Sorry about that Jojo. I've wanted to do that for so long. Won't happen again

Bye,

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hallo!
Dragon Master wrote::oops: Sorry about that Jojo. I've wanted to do that for so long.
Hehe, why?

Bye
Jojo

Red Bean
Apprentice

Post by Red Bean »

Hello, hello,

Thanks for all your comments. There are so many of them, I don't know which to answer first :)

Kai: I did try my hands on one of those crusader helmets but I found it to be too difficult because of the eye holes. They are located in the mid-section of the helmet but when I try to 'cut' them out I loose the shape of the helmet, so I gave up! Maybe in the future when I have more time I will give it another try.

Architect: Thanks for moving this thread here. I wasn't sure customization qualifies as a MOC at first.

Armothe: I'm not going to cast the helmets into molds. I don't think enough people will want them so they are only here for you to look at, sorry.

Dragon Master & Jojo: Yes, I'm aware these are not historically accurate designs. But I just thought these designs would look more interesting in Lego than a historically correct. They are definitely more interesting to make anyhow.

Everyone else who gave a positive comment: Thanks!!

Isaac

Visit Red Bean Studio
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Jojo wrote:Hallo!
Dragon Master wrote::oops: Sorry about that Jojo. I've wanted to do that for so long.
Hehe, why?

Bye
Jojo

I just like how you do that. I wanted to try, its cool. I admire you for you knowledge and designs. Although that guarded in thing was...disturbing...it gave me nightmares!

Bye,

Dragon Master
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
I admire you
Hey, I'm only human!
for you knowledge and designs.
OK, thank you :-)
Be assured that nowledge comes over the years.
Although that guarded in thing was...disturbing...it gave me nightmares!
You probably had seen something on TV that was even worse... Nightmares caused by LEGO... No, I don't believe that.

Bye
Jojo

Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Your right, it didn't cause nightmares, but it was pretty scary. That poor maiden :cry:

By the way, could you give me that link, I liked your site.

Bye

Dragon Master

P.S. How did you make that arch over the door to the church with Martin Luther? I like that technique.
armothe
Apprentice

Post by armothe »

Red Bean wrote:Armothe: I'm not going to cast the helmets into molds. I don't think enough people will want them so they are only here for you to look at, sorry.
I dunno. I figure you would be able to sell a good amount. I understand helmets are far harder to cast than weapons (Lord knows I've tried myself), but I think it would be worth the effort. I know I'd buy some; they are stellar!

-A