Wizard's Tower Updated

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Wizard's Tower Updated

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Hi! Still new to posting, so forgive the errors etc and so on.
After a few zillion more bricks, the tower is more complete. I'd love to know what anyone thinks. I believe the MOC will be completed in about a month, so any folks in / around New Hampshire -- I'll issue the Brikwars challenge now! Hehehehehe

PLMKWYT

Dave O'Hare

Main link is: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/galle ... aveOhare01

Attached pic:
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Dave,

It looks like you are making good progress. So far I like your secret boat entrance and croc pit. I look forward to viewing the complete moc.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Thanks for the comments! It's actually quite a bit larger at present and I will send up some pics tonight. BTW, my kids also like the croc pit and, so far, have lost parts from three crocs and four skeletons. Ah well.

Dave
Jojo
Master

Re: Wizard's Tower Updated

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
DaveOhare01 wrote:Hi! Still new to posting, so forgive the errors etc and so on.
We forgive almost everything.
As for the pic that didn't show up in your post: The URL of a pic that can be inserted here must be that of an actual picture. You inserted the URL of a gallery page = That's wrong. A picture always has the extension .jpg (or .bmp or .gif and there are some others but Jpegs are prefered). You get this by right clicking on the picture and chosing "properties" -> URL.

After a few zillion more bricks, the tower is more complete. I'd love to know what anyone thinks.
I think it's already looking cool. I like the landscaping.

Bye
Jojo

DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Pics of the Tower & Dragons Loft

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Righto then, lets see if I can get this right!

Well, I hope that worked! Anyway, the bat in the camera was about dead, but there are a few pics on Brickshelf. The link is http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=62604

And with all that excitement, I'm back to build some more.

PLMKWYT

Thanks!
Dave O'Hare
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

The Best image so far

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Indeed, far far too much fun. I've included the best pic, I think, so far. It's the underside of Tower B, where I've located the Dragon's Den. There are 9 dragons and a sleeping area (not quite completed). As you can see, there are 5 portals from which the Dragon Riders (formerly Star Wars Stormtroopers but they were out of a job) can fly fourth, cast about and scorch hobbits and the like.

I really like how the detail has turned out; more luck than anything. javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

BTW, Jojo, looked at your page-- awesome! My next project will be to build the town this evil tower is terrorizing and then to build a castle to eventually do battle with the tower. Too bad you are not in the states or Asia! We could put on a Megablocks of a show with the rest of the folks on Classic Castle; you folks are fantastic!

Here is the pic

And here is the main link
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=62604

See ya!
Dave :roll:
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hi Dave,

The tower is looking great, it is hard to portray detail in a black building, but yours looks great. The landscaping really adds to the sense of menace, the dragon riders are a nice touch as well. I am really looking forward to seeing it completed. Wish I was closer to New Hampshire, I think my army might be up to the task of a siege.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Will, Awesome!

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Wil,

Finally getting around to looking at your pics on Brickshelf. I really liked the Bulls Keep 1 and 2. Also the armies are quite fantastic!

I'm just in the process of putting together my 'good' army and I feel quite inadequate at only a troop strength of 200. How many minifigs do you have? *grin* Possibly we could have a battle if you lived in New England!

Hopefully this tower will be done soon and then I can get onto some 3C standard houses for the town; I've been collecting a lot of the new colors available at the PAB store and I think I'll have some excellent buildings.

That is, of course, once I've studied all the creations here on Classic Castle! *laugh* Fear not, I always give credit!

Dave O'Hare
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hi Dave,

I am in Western Canada a few hours north of Montana, so I am probably a bit too far away to get together. My Royal Knights/Knights Kingdom faction total 450.That includes 75 cavalry. My other factions range from 200 to only 16 soldiers. Including about 200 civilians, my armies total about 1500 figs.

The Bull's Keep, much like all my other large castles was a victim of my move. All that remains of my collection of buildings are a few of the village houses I built; I am currently rebuilding my village to 3C standards as they will be a part of a large train show display.

The destroyed castles will actually give me the opportunity to build landscaping into my new castle MOCs. Some of the large castles like your and Anthony's have given me great inspiration. Keep up the good work!

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Too bad on the distance!

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Hmmm, well, possibily someone could devise a long-range Brikwar ruleset involving video cameras and fake blood delivered by FedEx each hour. *laugh*

Yep, the landscaping worked out really well. As a matter of fact, I also found inspiration in Anthony's castle. The dwarf digging under the hillside made me think, "someone shoud really build a complete undergroud level," and my tower was off.

My problem now, since the NELUG folks should be coming over for a battle, is to do another 12 to 18 baseplates with landscaping. This not only involves a lot of bricks, but new tables as well and maybe removing a wall to make more space. *laugh* Just kidding on that. But it does take a LOT of bricks. My suggestion to you is to make sure you have lots of colors you don't really use / care about to provide the supporting under-structure. I've gone through thousands of yellow, white, blue and red just holding up hillsides, etc.

Oh, a few more pics of the Tower are up, I'm trying to use the Spider legs from one of the Harry Potter sets to add some accent to the walls. We shall see how that turns out. *grin*

See ya!
Dave