LEGO MASTERS of the WORLD I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Dragon Master
Merchant

LEGO MASTERS of the WORLD I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Post by Dragon Master »

Ok...like the title, I hope I draw lots of people here.

Here is my dilema. I'm ready to build a structure for my DM forces, so they'll have something to defend themselves with when the new caslte line arrives (knock on wood).

I would like to combine Dark Dragon's Den and Black Falcon's Fortress (legend version). I don't want to dissemble them untill I'm sure of what I want to make. I was thinking of making a small keep (using BFF) on top of a mountain (using DDD). I would like a place to keep the horses and dragons, like there curently is in DarkDragon'sDen.

If you have any ideas, have build similar models, or want to make an Idraw image (please!) I'd love it and forever remain in your debt.

If you have the time and are not too busy...I'd love the help.

Thanks in advance,

The Dragon Master
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

...depends on the parts you've got

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Indeed, dragons are a fantastic aspect of building castle-focused MOCs. If you have the bricks, you can build something like I've assembled--but it took a LOT of bricks. However, the dragons have an elevated loft / den with a staging / sleeping area. There are also 5 portals for entrance and exit. I'd be happy to mail you some pics of this part of the tower as I was building it if you want.

Either way, here is a pic of the loft in my MOC --
And the link the the latest upload to Brickshelf on the progress (as of 7 PM Wed not yet public)

Link :

Dave

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=63073

Pic: Image
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I have seen that before. I love that MOC! However, I don't nearly have enough pieces. I'm looking to combine two sets, DDD and BFF. I also have some other bricks I could use, but not that many. Thanks Dave.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

I am NOT a Lego Master at all :), but here's my suggestion.
Take your DDD and expand the base with BRUPS to fill a regular baseplate. Try to make the dragon's entrance semi concealed. Then, take off that wierd tower thinigy on top of the DDD. Make the top of the mountain look somewhat rugged - try to put one of those black battlements or two around the middle. Then, figure out a way to mount the BFF on.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Hmm, that is very interesting. I like the idea. I'm not sure I have enough BURP. However, I'll definetly consider that as an option. Thanks

DM