A MOC by me- (Finally finished!)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
J1A3L5
Steward

A MOC by me- (Finally finished!)

Post by J1A3L5 »

Hello all. A while back (Months now maybe?) I posted a thread asking for ideas for the inside of a castle corner tower and adjoining walls. Well, I finally finished it up (Just got the parts I needed for the tops of the crenels yesterday) but I never did an inside. I just didn't have any interest in it, and I know that if I didn't have interest in it, it would not turn out great at all.

I think most of what I would write about it here is explained in the link, so here it is:

(Pic = Link)

Thanks!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

The MOC looks great in its completion. The photography is great too, and I like the commentary. By all means, keep up the good work.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

oooooooooooooooooooo
very very nice dude! this is fantastic... when are you going to finish the other four towers and the gatehouse? ;)

:D
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Post by the_Rascal_King »

WOW! :shock:
-Jason
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... alKing1083]the Rascal King[/url]
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hey Jail,

This corner wall section really turned out nicely. The skeletons and the trees really finish up the scene nicely. I already gave you praises for the wall construction in the earlier thread si I'll just say nicely done. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I like the railing on the ramparts. All in all very nicely done.
Troy T. Moore
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I already posted on MOC pages, so I'll keep it brief...I love it!

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Very very nice. You did a very good job with the structure. It looks very solid. I like the archer windows alot. I'm going to have to do an overhaul on my project now :wink:
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

As I said to you yesterday, very nice. I like it alot. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

That is awesome! I love the scene you built with it, very cool!
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Thanks for the compliments and kind words, I really wasn't sure how well this would go over, I thought I'd get a lot of people thinking it was too plain.
Formendacil wrote:The MOC looks great in its completion. The photography is great too, and I like the commentary. By all means, keep up the good work.
Thanks, at first I didn't know what to do for pics because it was too large to fit on the white shelf I normally take pics on. I ended up getting a sheet and taking it out onto the deck. It worked fairly well, I think.
LEGOFREAK wrote:oooooooooooooooooooo
very very nice dude! this is fantastic... when are you going to finish the other four towers and the gatehouse? :wink:
I will when you supply the parts, of course! :lol: Although one day I would like to make a gatehouse about the same scale...
Dragon Master wrote:I already posted on MOC pages, so I'll keep it brief...I love it!
Thanks for the review!
lemon_squeezer2 wrote:Very very nice. You did a very good job with the structure. It looks very solid. I like the archer windows alot. I'm going to have to do an overhaul on my project now :wink:
It is extremely strong. The entire backs of the walls are filled in grey bricks too (Although I didn't have enough 2x4's to do them out of them.) I have bracings across each 'wall' of the walls, and below the walls in the landscaping I have little networks of "off-colour" bricks to support it. As for the windows - I'm not sure if they're anything new or not, I just wanted something simple and I thought they went with the rest of it pretty well.

Thanks again all, glad you enjoyed it. Sorry if I didn't specifically respond to your post here, I only did the ones I specifically had something to say.
st1920
Peasant

Post by st1920 »

As I said earlier, that's really nice
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Jail.

I like the large mass and scale of the walls and tower. The crenelations and protruding windows are also great. the rocky terrain is also cool. Nice job!

Ben
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey Jail,

It looks awesome. My favorite details are the way you did the crennelation and the use of 1x1's and 1x2's to give the illusion that it is all 2x4's--just the sort of obsessive compulsive attention to detail that I love. :)

My favorite shot is the one from directly overhead the central tower that shows the perspective.

Bruce
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Hey, great work. I love this style. Simple, clean, yet amazingly detailed. I love the dudes pouring the oil, great little touch. And even though it's a simple design, and has probably been done before, I really like the effect of the undead's torches. The flame coming out of that piece really make a good looking torch. Great job.

Cm2