Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: Medieval Cogs

Post by Formendacil »

footsteps wrote: Take a look at:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=861343
Either Freak has a real cracker-jack printer, or those are the real deal.

Alan
They might be real, but he has mentioned several times that he has been using a very good printer (a colour laser jet, on photopaper, at some local business). And since I'm seeing no Shadow Knight hips (dark red, not regular red), I'm sticking to my guess... I also think that the Shadow Knights have different -coloured arms, but I'm not sure....

Anyways, until I hear otherwise, i'll stick to my guess. (And if I do hear otherwise, I'll probably be forever known as the Thinks-they-were-stickers-haha-guy.)
Emperor James
Steward

Re: Medieval Cogs

Post by Emperor James »

Formendacil wrote:
footsteps wrote: Take a look at:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=861343
Either Freak has a real cracker-jack printer, or those are the real deal.

Alan
They might be real, but he has mentioned several times that he has been using a very good printer (a colour laser jet, on photopaper, at some local business). And since I'm seeing no Shadow Knight hips (dark red, not regular red), I'm sticking to my guess... I also think that the Shadow Knights have different -coloured arms, but I'm not sure....

Anyways, until I hear otherwise, i'll stick to my guess. (And if I do hear otherwise, I'll probably be forever known as the Thinks-they-were-stickers-haha-guy.)
Yup, they have dark red arms and black hands

And I love the ships. I like the way they look somewhat more primitive than pirate ships, but at the same time seam.. how can I put this...royal?
pwnage
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

AH HA! I have been found out!
Ok - I found an office depot right down the road here that prints this stuff out on almost photo paper... its almost as shiny, and a little thinner so its easier to work with. Using a laser printer and colored sheets, I printed all of those guys plus shields for them for about a buck a sheet. I also had room to print several Link stickers (Qwuff - I will mail them this weekend after payday :D) and some torsos and shields for the purple knights retinue, all in all about fifty knights worth?
Not a bad deal, and as a couple of you pointed out they do look very lego-istic. Hard to tell the real one apart. :D

Oh yes...
THANK YOU MR ANTHONY SAVA -
I just printed those directly from his template with absolutely no modifications whatsoever.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

LEGOFREAK wrote:AH HA! I have been found out!
Ah, so it tricks us, it does. Nassssty little monkey, makes believe it has the nice Knightses... gollum... not nice monkey, no not nice. We should eat it yessss? No! Too hairy, yes too hairy. Nassty sharp hairs hurts our mouth, upsets our tummy. No, we won't eat the monkey. Nassssty monkey... gollum.

++++++++++++++++++
Great stickers BTW. Really nice quality, certainly had me fooled. I really must employ your services to get stickers done. (Read your own tagline from Heinlein) :wink:

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)