The Temple of Formeathan - a MOC Preview

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Very nice Anthony! I was I had the white to do one of these. How did you do the roof. Specifically, how did you connect the plates? Original use of the 1x1 rounds.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Sir Garth
Apprentice

Post by Sir Garth »

Looks pretty good, I only hope your dragon shouldn't get in again :)
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Hey there C-Cers!

I'm feeling pretty bummed out about missing Brickfest, so I've decided to share a little more of my MOC with everyone who also wasn't able to go.

So here's one last preview before I announce my MOC complete (which will be awhile because of part inventory limitations).

Enjoy!

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

SavaTheAggie wrote:I'm feeling pretty bummed out about missing Brickfest, so I've decided to share a little more of my MOC with everyone who also wasn't able to go.
Well...some of us have gotta hold down the fort! :wink:
SavaTheAggie wrote:So here's one last preview before I announce my MOC complete (which will be awhile because of part inventory limitations).
Now that is awesome, that dragon head just kicks butt! Are those trans-blue parts in the pool bricks or tiles?

Can't wait to see the finished MOC!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Atonishing interior! I was so jealous of everyone going to brickfest, but this cheered me up.

How are those interior columns along the wall made? I looks like hinge bricks to me?

The Dragon Head is great and really looks like a dragon's head, more so than the previous statue I think.

Awsome Work,

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

"I'm feeling pretty bummed out about missing Brickfest, so I've decided to share a little more of my MOC with everyone who also wasn't able to go."

A wise decission.

This one (and indeed the mountain-shaped temple you showed via link) is very nice, are you going to incoperate them into the story (or maybe it has allready been done?)

I also like the greek-inspired design with the pillars and things, will we see the temple i action soon, eith rituals and dragon-priests and so on?

Very nice:D

-Joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

kajo163 wrote:
This one (and indeed the mountain-shaped temple you showed via link) is very nice, are you going to incoperate them into the story (or maybe it has allready been done?)

-Joel
You kidding? The Generic Dragon Temple http://www.ikros.net/chaos/mocs/dtemple.html has already appeared in the storline. There was an awsome battle with a Dragon there.

Here is the chapter where it makes it debut:

http://ikros.net/chaos/story/start01.html

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Hey, look at that!

I ment to put a red face after the question since I'm hoplessly (is that a word?) lost on the Ikros story, i love it but I can never find the time to read it all, well i'll try again!

Thanks DM

-JOEL
I'm back, and so is Castle!
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Dragon Master wrote:How are those interior columns along the wall made? I looks like hinge bricks to me?
Looks like 1*1 round bricks to me. I could be wrong though.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Missing BrickFest :(

But I never really ever had the slightest shread of a hope of going... so its not that bad.

And this preview makes a great salve for wounded.... whatever it is..

Thanks! :D
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Dragon Master wrote:...is it a lift off roof of split open model?
Yes.
Barbapple wrote:Oh, no! It's what we all feared! The dusty roof temple!
Seriously, though, this is fantastic. I can't wait to see the finnished version. But what is that on the opposite side of the roof from the statue? And what weapon does the statue have? It looks like a club :?
Anyways, this is great, man. Good work. :P
On the opposite side is a 2x2 light grey cone, and the statue is (was) carrying a light grey classic castle sword. He's now carrying a light grey axe.

Thanks much!
wlister wrote:Looking good Anthony,

You need a swiffer duster to fix up those black plates. It works well, trust me.

I like the pillars and the overall design. I can't wait to see some more detailed pics and the interior. Will this temple factor in with Chaos Skies or perhaps the next story? Anyway do be too long with the finished product. :wink:

Will
I don't own a swiffer, I'll definately need to get one. Right now I just use an air compressor down in the garage to blast the dust off. The temple will be in Chaos Skies, Chapter 11 I think.
The Blue knight wrote:Very nice Anthony! I was I had the white to do one of these. How did you do the roof. Specifically, how did you connect the plates? Original use of the 1x1 rounds.
The roof simply lays down on the temple at the angle they're at. I positioned and designed them to 'hook' onto the walls of the temple to stay put. The plates of the roof themselves are connected simply by other plates below them. Believe me, the underside of those roof pieces are UGLY.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Now that is awesome, that dragon head just kicks butt! Are those trans-blue parts in the pool bricks or tiles?
Transparent Blue 1x2 bricks. If you haven't figured it out, I will reveal how they 'glow' when I finish the MOC and take pictures of the construction details.
Dragon Master wrote:Atonishing interior! I was so jealous of everyone going to brickfest, but this cheered me up.

How are those interior columns along the wall made? I looks like hinge bricks to me?

The Dragon Head is great and really looks like a dragon's head, more so than the previous statue I think.

Awsome Work,

DM
Thanks! I'm glad I could cheer you guys up :)

The interior columns, as pointed out, are just 1x1 round bricks, but the idea of the hinge bricks isnt' a bad one. I'll have to remember that idea.
kajo163 wrote:This one (and indeed the mountain-shaped temple you showed via link) is very nice, are you going to incoperate them into the story (or maybe it has allready been done?)

I also like the greek-inspired design with the pillars and things, will we see the temple i action soon, eith rituals and dragon-priests and so on?

Very nice:D

-Joel
Yup, this will be in my story. There aren't too many rituals here, at least none that will be seen in my story. The temple is home to 'The Oracle', the avatar of Formeathan; a human connected between this one world and 'the other side,' capable of speaking directly with the dragon and able to see into the future.

Obviously Garadaine will be seeking out the Oracle's help.
doctorsparkles wrote:Looks like 1*1 round bricks to me. I could be wrong though.
Nope, right on the button.
Formendacil wrote:Missing BrickFest :(

But I never really ever had the slightest shread of a hope of going... so its not that bad.
I didn't have any hope either. It was either wedding or Brickfest, and, well, there's just no contest there. But Christina wouldn't let me spend my money on Brickfest ;)

Just Kidding ;)
Formendacil wrote:And this preview makes a great salve for wounded.... whatever it is..

Thanks! :D
Ego? Id? Super-Id? Haggis?

:D

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.