Are these castles brothers? Check it out JOSH!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Dragon Master
Merchant

Are these castles brothers? Check it out JOSH!

Post by Dragon Master »

I was just looking around and found two castles that look similar and was wonderind if they had the same builder and maybe if one was a second version of the other.

Josh's castle:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thejo ... castle.jpg

Mystery castle:

Thanks!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Where did you find the second?
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

That one was from Brickfest pictures, it is really nice, as is the first.
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

After inspecting these two castles for the second time, I have come to the conclusion that they are one and the same. The layout has changed a bit, as did the front door, but otherwise the structure seems to have remained for the most part the same.
I could be wrong, of course.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

Dragon Master wrote:I was just looking around and found two castles that look similar and was wonderind if they had the same builder and maybe if one was a second version of the other.
I am guilty as charged. I made both of those castles. The mystery castle is called Cabalistic Castle. It was my entry (and the winner :D ) of the MOCC contest at brickfest. It is a smaller but improved version of my first castle.

Dragon Master and doctorsparkles have a very good eye for picking out my style of building, but the two castles are quite different, as you when I get some of my own interior pictures online.

Thanks for spotting and bringing attention to my castle! I now need to stop being lazy and post some pictures of my own.

-The Josh
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Wow great. I didn't want to offend anyone but know that I know your the builder of both, I must say, Cabalistic rocks and is much better than the previous. Is smaller, but it makes the towers look more proportional to the walls. I also like the landscape.

Great Castles, both of them!

DM
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

The Josh wrote:Dragon Master and doctorsparkles have a very good eye for picking out my style of building,
The inset tower windows were a dead give away, as was the checkered floor. I will say that it took me a few minutes of comparing to realize they were different.
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

Dragon Master wrote:Great Castles, both of them!

Thanks! It's nice to know my work is appreciated. I'm also glad you like my second version. If you liked the first castle more, then my Lego castle building would have to be getting worse :wink: .
Dragon Master wrote:I also like the landscape.
The landscape was made last minute with green plates. I originally and still want to make a version of this castle on a hill or mountain, but I didn't have the pieces. Now I might need to figure something else out because the new dark gray is not the right color for a mountain :cry: .

-The Josh
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Cool castles. I think I like the first one better. The second one seems a bit to skinny. But I like em both. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

Robin Hood wrote:The second one seems a bit to skinny

I had to make it smaller to fit the standards for the MOCC contest. It is still 48x32x40 (in lego bricks). the first one was almost 60x60x50.

- The Josh
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

The Josh wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:The second one seems a bit to skinny

I had to make it smaller to fit the standards for the MOCC contest. It is still 48x32x40 (in lego bricks). the first one was almost 60x60x50.

- The Josh
Ahhh. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.