Idea!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Idea!

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

An idea has been recently tossed around on:

classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.?t=221

If we were to start putting together custom sets in response to TLC's mismanagement of castle how would we do it? Who would oversee it? where would the funds come from? Should we do it off of the CCC?

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

Hey Lemon

Custom Sets exist already. Dan Siskind (http://www.brickmania.com) started releasing custom sets a few years ago, altho he has since stopped.

Both myself and Ben Ellermann have done custom sets.

You seem to suggest that CC itself put together custom sets. The main problem with this is the money issue. Custom sets cost alot of money and are a risky venture. Dan Siskind has said his sets rarely produce a profit.

For example - my set, the Peasant's Hut cost me almost $200 to produce and the five sets sold for ~$250 - which doesn't include all of the time and labor involved. Since I financed it with my credit card, you could say I didn't make money at all (since it took several months to assemble and sell my sets - and often sets can sit for quite a while before being sold).

However, the idea of a group venture into custom sets does sound interesting. But mixing pleasure with business is often a dangerous ground to tread.

-Lenny
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

he idea is not so much to produce our own sets as a substitute for lego, but to influence lego, to show them it would be profitable to produce a castle line again.

If you check out my original post its explained more clearly. In short the idea is to design retail scale sets<not MOCS> and present them to lego. We would also use media outlets to bring attension to what we are doing.

By taking the time and effort to create this theme we show how much interest there is in minifig scale castle, and by using the media we may be able to boost lego's demand.

i have setup a yahoo group LongLiveCastle
email longlivecastle@yahoogroups.com

mission statment to be set out monday for a vote.
design comittee to b enominated next week
design to begin over holiday weekend