Mini MOC - The Tomb of Sir Ciron Balvanz

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Mini MOC - The Tomb of Sir Ciron Balvanz

Post by SavaTheAggie »

The Tomb of Sir Ciron Balvanz

Post Mod Gallery

Sir Ciron Balvanz had a highly decorated career as a Knight of the Lion's Crest. He served under King Ulmerad for many years as a trusted friend and skilled knight. So that they might follow in his illustrious footsteps, Ciron tought his three sons in the art of swordplay and chivarly, much to the disapproval of his wife. She never forgave him for it before she passed on.

When he learned of his sons' participation in the failed coup against King Ulmerad, Ciron went into a dark depression. He could not bare the dishonor his sons had caused his family, and he died shortly thereafter, some say from a broken heart.

However, Ikros never knew Ciron as anything but a hero, and their great love for him poured out at his state funeral. He lies here, now, in his simple tomb, a symbol of strength, honor and courage to all of the Ikrosian military.

--------------------------------------------

Yeah, it's a sad tale for poor Ciron. But he's with his wife now, and he's happy about that. I had a small burst of inspiration to quickly throw this together, and I'm pretty pleased with it. I realize it's nothing spectacular, but I really like how it turned out, especially all the colors involved.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I like this. And I like the tale behind it even more.

I know that this is in minifig scale, but because of the way its designed, it looks like it could have been a microfig mausoleum.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

It's not a Mini Moc,it's a pocket model...

All it needs is a zombie of Ciron to prey upon the living...10/10

edit...there is one...
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

LOL!

I'm so stupid. When I first say this I really thought it was a micro scale creation. A large mausoleum for the body, like something an ancient king would have had. I got to be more careful. But for one thing it would have made a nice mini moc; it looks to me like a Meso-American temple...

But getting to the real point of this I do like it. We rarely see stuff like this. Death is an unfortunate part of life for minifigs too. So it’s nice to have a nice burial vessel to send them off with (Just in case you don't want it to be a Mummy or Vampire shaped one).

Although LEGO has had sets like this, they treat the subject very lightly, with the flip of a pin the Undead jumps out and scares the top hat off Lord what’s his name.

In conclusion, I am still amazed that this is not a mini, but am very pleased at what you've accomplished with such few bricks.

My only qualm is that head. I don't know how long he is dead for. but if it is recent I would suggest giving him a vader head or maybe a mummy head, unless he was de-fleshed.

Simply Spectacular!

DM

P.S. I’d love to see you make some micros in the future!

CIRON LIVES ON IN ARE HEARTS!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

You know, I can't recall seeing a Lego tomb before, and yet they would be a standard thing within medieval societies.

A very clean and handsome tomb. Hope to see one with an effigy on top some day.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

[quote="Dragon Master"]LOL!
I'm so stupid. When I first say this I really thought it was a micro scale creation. A large mausoleum for the body, like something an ancient king would have had. I got to be more careful. quote]

LOL - me too. :D
It wasnt until I saw the interior pics after moderation that I learned the error of my ways. I think i like the whole tomb effect. I think I will have to make one in my town somewhere with an effigy of a knight on top.

great job anthony.
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

OMG I also thought it was a micro-scale building!! :shock:

Until I looked at the brickshelf folder and saw the minifig inside.

I was just about to ask Anthony if he was gonna build a minifig-scale one too... :oops:

But yes, very nice colour combination!

(Meanwhile I'll go and try to figure out how to centred those 2x2 round bricks on the tiled plate...)

-Bryan
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Gumby wrote: (Meanwhile I'll go and try to figure out how to centred those 2x2 round bricks on the tiled plate...)

-Bryan
I can't even figure out how he constructed it...except I have an idea on how he made the cover...
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:You know, I can't recall seeing a Lego tomb before, and yet they would be a standard thing within medieval societies.
They have a LEGO tomb for the studio theme. It's not medieval though so i guess it doesn't count.

Im not going to lie, i thought it was micro scale, but i think i like it more being a tomb. Very good idea!
It's a Christmas Miracle!
jon_p
Artisan

Post by jon_p »

Well it sure looks microscale to me. Only looks about 4-5 bricks high, I don't see how it could be in minifig scale.
But, I can't check out the gallery on Brickshelf...
There was a server error. Please go back and try again.
Hmpf.. :x I'll have to check it out in the morning then!

Jon.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and spam alot!"

My Brickshelf gallery - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=85183
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey Anthony,

Looks cool. I too thought it was a microscale building (a cool one) when I first saw the thumbnail on Brickshelf. What you need to do now, is build a replica of this about 20x bigger, as a minifig-scale mausoleum, with this tomb in the center. Then build a microscale city, and re-use this tomb as a microscale version of the building.
Then, for a real challenge, build a ten-foot-high version of the mausoleum, with the 20x version as the tomb. This could be an endless recursive loop--at the small end, you'll be limited by a 1x1 plate as a teeny-tiny-scale version, but at the upper end the sky's the limit. :)

Bruce
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

This is pretty cool. I knew it wasn't a microscale contraption because the first picture I actually noticed was the one with the body, but I did afterwards think that it looked like a microscale.

If it counts, the adventurers theme had a couple of tombs in the Egyption theme, along with the sarcoffogis(no idea of spelling).
pwnage
fcarcanague
Laborer

Post by fcarcanague »

Very nice MOC, I liked it when I sifted thru Brickshelf, this morning. Mausoleums are very difficult to make to scale and you did a wonderous job.
I've considered making something like this in the near future. It sounds morbid, but driving thru cemetaries can be quite inspiring for building ideas ( http://www.carcanague.com/may04/53104/page_01.htm ). Some of the crypts look rather challenging for construction in Lego, but then that's half the fun :wink: .

Keep up the nice work, looking for more soon.

Fred
Please visit updates once in a while
http://www.carcanague.com/
Need more Spare Parts [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Carcanague]Spare Bricks 4 You[/url]
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

LOL, so many people thought it was a micro-Mausoleum!

This could possibly be the most confusing MOC ever :wink:

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I, much like almost everyone else on here, thought that this was a microscale model (the arched section looks like a walled up door). I was all set to build a larger scale mausoleum.
Either way, I have this urge to build a minifig cemetary now.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess