OK now MY first online pics Rapunzel's Tower

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
The Blue Knight
Merchant

OK now MY first online pics Rapunzel's Tower

Post by The Blue Knight »

A day of firsts! Thanks go to Will for the help doing this. I don't think the pics turned out as I hoped, but I'll get better as I do more and more. Whaddya think? Please include picture taking tips!

Notes: The top comes off to reveal the living space where she was imprisoned, the tower breaks in half to show the bottom where the witch could keep supplies for Rap. My daughter designed the ground around the front, and the interior.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Got so excited I didn't post the link :oops:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=97480
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Where's Rapunzel?

I was hoping to see her hair....

Okay, other than that, this looks good. I like the high level of detail inside. General colouration looks good too.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Rap is in this pic.

Great looking MOC all around. I really like the smooth look that the arches, slopes, and corner pieces give it. Nice interior. One issue with the design: why is there a door? Wasn't a main point of the story the lack of a door, causing Rapunzel to have to let down here hair so that the prince could clime up? Or do I have it a little bit mixed up...
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Mr. D wrote:Rap is in this pic.
That's not Rapunzel! The hair is too short! :P
Mr. D wrote:Great looking MOC all around. I really like the smooth look that the arches, slopes, and corner pieces give it. Nice interior. One issue with the design: why is there a door? Wasn't a main point of the story the lack of a door, causing Rapunzel to have to let down here hair so that the prince could clime up? Or do I have it a little bit mixed up...
I think you do have it right.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: OK now MY first online pics Rapunzel's Tower

Post by footsteps »

Very nice. I like the shape of the tower, and the living quarters section is quite pleasing to look at with the tudor look. Good interior layout too. I don't suppose you've got some Padme hair to give Rapunzel a bit more hair.

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

You need a better Rapunzel torso, for two obvious reasons.

I do like the tower, its quite tall. But its not what I usually think of when I hear rapunzel. Have you tried it without the timber frame top, and just a regular roof on the tower?

Well anyway I do like it,

Keep it up!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
The Blue Knight
Merchant

In truth it was to be just a tower, but my daughter converted it. I'm working on hair for a second round of better pics. The door at the bottom leads only to a storeroom for Helga the wicked witch. It does not lead up. Its my first attempt at "tudor" wattle and daub look. Thanks for all the comments.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

This is a cool idea. I haven't seen many moc's based on srories like that. I like the use of tudor, though I think you are overdoing the stuff in front of the doorway.
pwnage
verneer
Serf

Post by verneer »

Awesome! Great touch with the tutor top.

-- Pawel

http://www.hostultra.com/~verneer/
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I like the ivy and the four cornered roof (cottage style?) The tower has an imposing symmetrical appearance.
Troy T. Moore
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Everyone has already pointed out the great features of the tower, but I had to say I like it too! The timber frame at the top really gives it the look of an inhabitied tower. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

What's with the stuff in the front? :?

And it looks like Rapunzel is about to jump :| ...otherwise I like it...8/10
The Blue Knight
Merchant

The "stuff" in front was my 9 year old daughter's contribution. She is so proud to see her part of the net--so be nice you meanie! :wink:

She did a great job on the interiors. My Lego room is in some upheaval now, but I hope to add some elevation and "landscaping" later. I want to address her long hair too.

Thanks for all the comments. Hope about some picture taking tips?
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Prince: Rapunzel, Rapunzel,let down your hair.
Rapunzel: Sure prince
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.