This might actually work, and be the answer to our problem

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Dragon Master
Merchant

This might actually work, and be the answer to our problem

Post by Dragon Master »

Custom sets are expensive as I would imagine so. Selling custom sets may be near impossible. And just giving the instructions for MOC isn't the greatest idea either. I mean what if the people trying to build the models doesn't have all the pieces. I'm 15, so I have a limited supply of bricks and I can't make Bricklink purchases as often as I would like to do so (fortunatly I live about 10 minutes from the LEGO store in Burilington, MA :twisted: ). My idea is as follows...

The mocs that we as a team (at Classic-Castle) should be built using the pieces that are all from Castle and other theme sets that are still availible.

For example, not just a black smith shop can be build using the Blacksmith's Shop set. There are many other models that could be built, and you guys are full of ideas :wink: .

Do you get what I'm saying?

If you build a moc using Mount Everest Temple and Black Falcon's fortress,and only use those pieces. Then that would be great. Almost everyone would have the opportunity to do so.

But if you make models out of say Black Monarch's castle and Wolfpack Renegades, a smaller audience would be building that.

With the instructions which could be posted online, stickers using Anthony's template could be printed for sheilds and torsos.

Here are the steps again.

Buy a currently avalable set(s)
Make a custom MOC
Make building instructions
Make custom stickers
Share with the world :D

Voila!

A cool creation everyone could enjoy. Those would be our own creations and they could be enjoyed by the masses. No risk, no losses, no more Castlonical!

Those are my thoughts, pray tell me yours,

The Dragon Master

------------------------------------------------------
Castle isn't dead just yet....
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Dragon Master, not a bad idea. Particularily for those folk who like a "designed product". For myself, the only set that has remained in it's original form is the yellow castle.

I have read a lot about all recent happens re: Castledor (or whatever you want to call it) and the colour changes. Has TLC said they will not make more minifig castle? I do not see the rationale to change any colours that have always been, true there may have been too many, but why change old standards? And if I understand correctly, brown is to be eliminated? I love this colour for interior furniture and siege weaponry. Not much i can do about all this though.

My kids, Tori (8) and Levi (7) are not aware of all that is going on in the world of Lego right now, but, yesterday in Walmart my son, Levi says, "Whoa, Megabloks is taking over!", in reference to the pathetic amount of shelf space Lego now occupies (Walmart is stocked right up for Christmas, too). I am amazed at how fast Bionicles disappear off of the shelves!!! Last year I got Levi BFF and Tori the Gaurded Inn, this year Tori gets D.S.'s Blacksmith shop (she wanted the female mini fig and something castle, That' my girl :D ) and the boy gets Bionicle (because he's 7 and thinks they are cool. How discerning were you when you were 7? I don't really like it, but he is an individual :wink: ). I hope for something by the time the next 25th of December rolls around....

I will not buy MB because I have had only Lego for 26 years (I am 31) and the quality is not the same. I have enough to enjoy for a long time. I will not be buying much Lego (discounted HP sets after Christmas should be everywhere) unless there is more "good stuff" available. Lego is still the BEST brick!! :)
Troy T. Moore