Calling it quits,

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

SavaTheAggie wrote:LOL :D

I'm glad someone finally noticed.

I was playing around with the vulgarity filter. Unlike the chat room, the forum filter allows me to pick and choose which words get replaced with what.

So l.e.g.o.s. gets replaced with LEGO Brand Building Bricks, and any form of LEGO get's capitalized.

Why? Cause I could.

:mrgreen:

I, too, have spent much on LEGO recently. Hopefully when I get money I shall again! MWAHAHAHAHA

--Anthony
Aha!

I knew it was one of our admins!

Legos....

Lego....

Wego?

:D
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Formendacil wrote:
SavaTheAggie wrote:LOL :D

I'm glad someone finally noticed.

I was playing around with the vulgarity filter. Unlike the chat room, the forum filter allows me to pick and choose which words get replaced with what.

So l.e.g.o.s. gets replaced with LEGO Brand Building Bricks, and any form of LEGO get's capitalized.

Why? Cause I could.

:mrgreen:

I, too, have spent much on LEGO recently. Hopefully when I get money I shall again! MWAHAHAHAHA

--Anthony
Aha!

I knew it was one of our admins!

LEGO Brand Building Bricks....

LEGO....

Wego?

:D
One of my nephews called his soother a wego (pronounced: wee-go). It turns out that whenever his mother would offer him his soother she would say: "Here we go!" So he associated 'wego' with his soother.

legos lego's lego

Looks like all the bases have been covered.

hmmm... for older members of this club, if you are insistant on using the apocryphal (and currently 'forbidden') "l.e.g.o.s" naming of our beloved bricks you might recall that in the olden days (think Killian 'memos') the lower case L was used for the number one: l for 1.

So applying this convention in reverse: 1egos

But of course that's being subversive. :twisted: And I'm really just a nice heretical old geezer. :wink: So I'm sure no-one will stoop to such tactics. :D

Alan

PS to Anthony: neat trick!
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

1egos. Hehe. I used to have a typewriter that didn't have a "one" key. You just had to use a lower-case "ell".

Back to topic. Buford, don't sweat it. As I said in the other thread you're comparing to some of the builders who have spent decades building up collections. Often times smaller creations can have just as much impact as larger ones.

Bruce
fcarcanague
Laborer

Post by fcarcanague »

Don't feel bad Buford, I had visions of grandure also. Now I have 100+ castle wall sections and not nearly enuff 1x2's to hold them all together. One of these days I'm just gonna make one HUGE Bailey wall and figure out what to put in it.

As for your cathederal... Outstanding, the arches are incredible. I've thought about using all the arches like you did but make them closer together (see thread on "Cutting of the Arch" in Castle Customs). Like everyone else mentioned, start smaller and work from there.

Nice work once again,

Fred
Please visit updates once in a while
http://www.carcanague.com/
Need more Spare Parts [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Carcanague]Spare Bricks 4 You[/url]
Legomaat
Laborer

Post by Legomaat »

Well, I almost get a guilty feeling about having a fair amount of bricks. My one and only excuse is that I had almost 50 years to collect the pieces. I started when I was a 8-year old boy and LEGO was a new toy in Europe. (only red and white available). LEGO was (and is) always very popular in The Netherlands and that is why there is so much around here.
Thus don't despair, Buford. LEGO is not cheap and it is impossible to have so many parts in such a short time. Unless you are a rich man, of course.
Like other people says, start with little buildings en let it grow slowly but steadily. And finally, you will have enough bricks to finish your dream cathedral...
It is one of the very few advantages of getting older :wink:
"Too low they build, who build beneath the stars".

Edward Young / Night Thoughts.