In the fine tradition of Classic Castle, I am bringing back an oldie but a goodie. For those of you members of Forbidden Cove, this will not be new for you.
What is a seed part challenge?
Well it is where I name a part, that won’t be a castle part, and challenge you to build something castle with it as CREATIVELY as you can. The more creative you are, the better you score.
Let me be clear, the judging is about the usage of that seed part
, not how “whoa holy momma look at this moc it is so freaking amazing.” So basically, if you build some epic castle and put the seed part on in some less than creative way, well you won’t be scoring well. The rules:
I don’t like to make a lot of these, because this is all about fun and creativity, but sometimes they are needed to enhance the challenge so:
1) You can only make ONE entry, so make it your absolute best.
2) You have exactly one month to build your entry. I will post the piece to this thread on June 1st, and lock it on June 30th. If you post after server time on June 30th, well sorry you are out of luck. Don’t delay with your posting. And if it isn’t public by that date, well you will be out of luck too. So be careful if you are going to use brickshelf.
3) Your entry must be posted to THIS thread only. That means NO COMMENTS ABOUT ENTRIES will be allowed in this thread.
Feel free to post your entry in its own thread for comments, but the staff will delete comments made in this thread that are not questions about the contest, or entries.
4) Follow the TOS. No nudity or other content that could/would be deemed inappropriate.
5) Size restrictions…there are none, but we need to be able to actually SEE the seed part. If you want to build some huge 150 stud by 150 stud by 20 feet tall thing, well that’s up to you but if we can’t see it, you will lose points.
6) Overhang? Sure whatever makes you happy.
7) Photo restrictions? Let’s make this easy. Make a folder or a set for your entry. The size of the pictures doesn’t matter. The number of the pictures doesn’t matter. But remember when you post it to the forum, follow the rules about that.
Can I use more than one of the piece? Sure whatever makes you happy.
9) Is there a color restriction? Nope, use whatever color you want.
10) Who is eligible to build? Basically anyone, including staff, who isn’t part of the judging panel and they know who they are. Now for the prize:
Prize? Really? It isn’t awesome enough that you have me all hyped to build this, but I can win a prize too???? Yep.
So I will attach a photo of that prize soon. But it is 50 euro armor breast plates in 5 color/pattern groupings, 10 of each. https://www.flickr.com/photos/48243528@N00/14120974280/
So what is the seed part?https://www.flickr.com/photos/48243528@N00/14316736915/
Space air tanks
So for now, you may ask questions about the seed part challenge. And please don't ask "Oh hey Blue, can I know what the seed part is?" I'm giving you a week to get all prepared and excited.
I ask one thing...could we please keep this thread as "clean" as possible as to make it easier for the judging.