CCC XII naughty list - updated Jan 3

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Lord Lego
Serf

Re: CCC XII naughty list - updated Dec 23

Post by Lord Lego »

Hi,
I fear i did not manage to submit my entry correct :?
My picture is up on flickr (https://www.flickr.com/photos/95465293@ ... otostream/).
I tried to submit it twice, but whenever i clicked on "preview" the picture seemd to be broken. Can anyone help me?
How do I share the picture correct? HTML, Link, BBCode? Embed or HTML? Which size does work? I tried different combinations, but it did not seem to work. I hope you guys help me before time runs out.
Thank you in advance! :wave:
rodiziorobs
Serf

Post by rodiziorobs »

I replaced the images in my Flickr album with pictures that are the right size, and resubmitted my entry just in case!
Aren the Elf
Gong Farmer

Post by Aren the Elf »

Are you not allowed to post entries on other websites than flickr or Brickshelf? I'm not allowed to use those sites, and only one of my entries is on the naughty list. What happened to all of the others?
Why? Because I'm Batman!
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Aren the Elf wrote:Are you not allowed to post entries on other websites than flickr or Brickshelf? I'm not allowed to use those sites, and only one of my entries is on the naughty list. What happened to all of the others?
For judging purposes images need to be hosted on image hosting websites, not forums. Judges want to see only the photos.

The others are still being approved. We received over 70 entries on the 29th alone. It takes time to go through, approve or not approve every single entry, and then update the naughty list.

But entries received before the deadline tonight will still have a limited about of time to fix their issues if they are on the naughty list. But a very limited time.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

Bluesecrets wrote: We received over 70 entries on the 29th alone.
WOW, do you usually get that many in one day near the and of the year?
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
Wilfred of Ivanhoe
Peasant

Post by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »

FYI, I submitted my Forest March MOC in the Out with the New category by mistake. I entered it a second time in the Misc. small category to fix the issue. That's where it was supposed to go. :D
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Wilfred of Ivanhoe wrote:FYI, I submitted my Forest March MOC in the Out with the New category by mistake. I entered it a second time in the Misc. small category to fix the issue. That's where it was supposed to go. :D
Hm, actually, although you submitted it twice, I think it was actually the "Horse Thieves" entry that wound up in Out With The New. Forest March was double-entered (with a slightly different description-- we've kept the latter one), but I think both times as Misc Small. Forest March is currently slated for the naughty list (large images for the 3rd, 4th, 5th in the series). I'm guessing you meant Merry Band for the "Horse Theives" entry? (also, what color is the helmet of the horse-mounted archer? where's that from?)

DaveE
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Post by Brickninja »

I was going to ask about deleting my duplicate entries, but I see you got them already. Thanks! :)
Wilfred of Ivanhoe
Peasant

Post by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »

Yea, the Horse Thieves was supposed to be in the Merry Band category. I guess I got mixed up. I did have the wrong description on the Forest March initially. Thanks for keeping the one with the right description. As for the too large images and the entry in the wrong category, I guess I'll just bite the bullet on them. It's past the deadline to fix them anyway.

The helmet you asked about is a normal black castle helmet with chin guard, but "painted" with metallic sharpie. Copper I believe. I got copper, bronze and steel colors and experimented some.
Lord Lego
Serf

Post by Lord Lego »

Hi,
unfortunately my entry is still not in the list of entries. But I am not on the naughty list as well. Did you receive my post? As I wrote last year I tried to enter it twice (misc large).
Happy new Year for all of you! :D
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Lord Lego wrote:Hi,
unfortunately my entry is still not in the list of entries. But I am not on the naughty list as well. Did you receive my post? As I wrote last year I tried to enter it twice (misc large).
Happy new Year for all of you! :D
There are still 90 some entries that have to be gone through, approved, and then the naughty list will be updated.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Matthew B.
Gong Farmer

Post by Matthew B. »

Hello. I forgot to make one of my pictures have a totally white background, will it be fine to go and change that, even though entries are closed?
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Matthew B. wrote:Hello. I forgot to make one of my pictures have a totally white background, will it be fine to go and change that, even though entries are closed?
Yes that is good.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Finn Tegotash
Laborer

Re: CCC XII naughty list - updated Jan 3

Post by Finn Tegotash »

I changed the size of the images on my fairy tale castle Grandma's House. Here is the link to my album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/126930055 ... 7620884663
peggyjdb
Royal Chronicler

Re: CCC XII naughty list - updated Jan 3

Post by peggyjdb »

I've dealt with the two submissions which 'had over sized' images. Bit confused on this issue as there the same as two of my other submissions 'To make a King laugh' and 'Come a cropper' which have oversized images in the folders and duplicates with images the at the required size, but there not on the list. If you could clarify on that please.

Also confused on the issue with my submission for 'No25. Edward III' - its pretty much 'style' as two other submissions 'No31. Edward V' and 'No23. Edward II' and there not on the list. Again could you clarify, thanks.