CCCXII - 70402 'Demake'

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Lord Mikal
Archer

CCCXII - 70402 'Demake'

Post by Lord Mikal »

Long time, no see, everyone! I was very excited about this year's "Out with the New" category and couldn't wait to make something. Naturally, life got in the way and I only had three days to make and submit my entry, so I went with something small: 70402 The Gatehouse Raid.

Also my good camera broke earlier this month so I am reduced to old timey cell phone pictures :(

I wanted to convey the two different sides of 70402 in the classic style. Putting the red roof on one side is reminicent of the roofs on the inspirational set, while leaving the classic battlements on the other side hearkens back to the '80s style.

The wall pieces stay up well on their own and can be re-arranged in any manner, as well as connected to other sets (like the Guarded Inn). Here you also see the back of the rock trap, which is easily loaded.

Here you see the drawbridge raised and the inset shows rocks being dropped on unsuspecting Black Monarchs.

Hope to see you more in the coming year!
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=mikal1]My Brickshelf[/url]
Azure, a saltire cantoned with a star in chief and in base and two crescents addorsed in the flanks, argent.