LoR - The Fall of a Hero

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

LoR - The Fall of a Hero

Post by royalbrickcustoms »

Hey everyone,

Here is my final free-build for Loreos, which tells the story of the death o my old character (Tathann). C&C is greatly appreciated. Story is below the picture.

Enjoy,

~RBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story

As the sun continued to rise higher in the Loreesi sky, the guard's shouts continued...

"Riders, approaching swiftly, toward the city gates!"

As the horsemen drew closer to the sturdy sand-stone walls of Fangroth, a noise like the roar of a hundred lions could be heard, as the hooves of the steeds pounded agains the sandy desert floor!

Suddenly, the noise stopped as the horses skidded to a halt in front of the blood-red oak doors of the city's South Gate.

In the distance Tathann could hear an exchange of voices, but could not make out any of the words.

After a matter of minutes the voices fell silent, as an arrow buzzed through the air, striking the guard in the tower, and sending his lifeless body hurdling off of the tower's platform.

As the wooden doors creaked open Tathann could now see ten large sturdy-built men carrying long steel broadswords, sitting atop jet-black stallions.

"I am looking for Lord Tathann", one of the men, (who appeared to be the leader of the group) bellowed.

"What business do you have with my lord and king", a Fangorth Palace guard questioned with a hint of defiance in his voice.

"He is an old friend!" the Outlaw leader hissed in reply.

Tathann slowly pushed through the crowd of civilians (who had now gathered to witness the commotion), to meet the outlaw leader.

"Ah, Tathann, I have heard much about you!" the Outlaw's voice bellowed

"Who are you, and why have you come…?" Tathann interjected.

"My name is Altarr, lord of the Mystic Isles…and I have come, to claim what is rightfully mine! the outlaw lord spat back.

"…and what might that be?" Tathann questioned

"The throne of the kingdom of Fangroth!" The outlaw lord roared as one of the horseman fitted a long black arrow to his bow and began to draw back the bowstring.

Just as the bowman released the arrow, Tathann picked up a large Loreesi kite shield and deflected the oncoming projectile. Drawing his steel broadsword, Tathann rushed towards the leader, and a great duel commenced.

Seeing that a large brawl had broken out, many of the citizens who just moments before, had listened intriguingly to the conversation between the two leaders, now ran to seek shelter from the fray.

Fangroth guards had now begun to asset there leader in repelling the dark-cloaked invaders.

Thirteen year-old Octavius (Augustus Toft) who had been standing beside his mother (and Tathann's wife), Sophia now picked up his crossbow and and headed toward the fray in order to aid his father.

"Octavius, WAIT!" Raylin's voice boomed above the din. "This is Tathann's battle, stay your hand!"

"But general Raylin…!" Octavius protested in frustration.

"That is an order my prince!" Raylin roared to Octavius.

Octavius sighed in frustration, slinging his crossbow over his shoulder and trudging back toward Raylin and the rest of the Fangrothian forces.
--------------------------------------------------

Seeing the Loreesi lord rapidly approaching him with a drawn sword, the Outlaw lord dismounted from his steed, drew his own sword and rushed towards his attacker. As steel clashed against steel, a fierce duel erupted between the two lords, in a battle for survival.

---------------------------------------------------
After exchanging countless between the the lords, the Outlaw leader motions to one of his men. Fitting another black arrow to his bow, he swiftly releases the arrow which buzzed through the air piercing Tathann's chain mail (just above his heart). Upon sustaining the wound Tathann immediately fell to the desert floor,
Realizing that his enemy's fate is all but sealed, Altarr rushed to where the Loreesi lord lay, now barely breathing.

Standing over Tathann, with his sword raised high, Altarr commanded (in a mocking voice) once more for the Loreesi to surender.

("This is your last chance, surrender the throne of Fangroth to me, or I will end your life now!")

There was a brief moment of silence, before Tathann started to speak:

"Never! I will never surrender to an Outlaw scum like you! Tathann retorted his voice now raspy and shallow.

"Altarr paused for a long moment pondering his next his next move in response to Tathann's act of defiance.

"Than so be it!" Altarr roared, lowering his blade swiftly towards the Loreesi's head.

Seeing the blade rapidly descending toward him and knowing that the end of his life was swiftly at hand, Tathan used all the strength left in to form one final final counter attack.

Even above the roar of soldier's cries, and the clang of clashing steel, one voice could still be heard. It was the sound every citizen of Fangroth yearned to hear. However, it was not as loud and noble as it was in prior days, no, now it was weak and took it every ounce of strength to muster those ten precious words:

FOR THE PRINCE, FOR FANGROTH, AND THE GLORY OF LOREOS!

It was the sound of their leader, and the voice of a hero!
As the cold steel blade drew ever closer, Tathann gave one final heave and raised his shield to meet the blow.

As metal struck metal in a thunderous crack, the pain of the blow surged ravenously through Tathann's body, as the darkness of death blotted out all remaining light of the Loreesi sun!

THE END (of Tathann's story)

Stay tuned for the first chapter of Altarr's journey Evading Capture coming soon.
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
~Phil. 4:13

[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=RBCustoms]Royal Brick Customs Shop (Bricklink)[/url]
LittleJohn
Admin
Admin

Re: LoR - The Fall of a Hero

Post by LittleJohn »

Great landscape! I like the grass stalks and pebbles :woo:
Graham Gidman
Laborer

Re: LoR - The Fall of a Hero

Post by Graham Gidman »

Nice build.