Wizards Tower : Tower A completed (5 feet tall, ouch!)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Am I mad?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:01 am

Yes
38%
Maybe, but mad is good
38%
Quit hogging all the classic colors you ....
No votes
I only wish I was that mad ...
25%

Total votes: 8

DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Wizards Tower : Tower A completed (5 feet tall, ouch!)

Post by DaveOhare01 »

For anyone who wants to view the madness, it's almost over thank goodness. I've just uploaded to Brickshelf, so it may take a bit. Here be the tesaer pic:

And the master link on Brickshelf is: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=64473

Now I've only got to figure out how to close the other two rooflines and then I can quit this crazy gig *laugh* Actually, then I can build the dang town....

Dave O
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hi Dave,

That tower is looking great. Bricklink must be running short of black. :D You must have been on a stool to finish that peak. How accessable is the interior of the tower? I know you started off putting a lot of detail on the lower floors. Anyway it looks great. Can't wait to see how you close off the other rooflines.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Re: Wizards Tower (ouch!)

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Will,

Actually, I've left the back side of the tower completely open, so you can get into all the floors. The big tower (tower A) is 10 floors at present, so it's 120 bicks high or so.

I think the two remaining sections will not go much higher at all -- I'm out of slopes but for 2-300 2x3's -- and I hate to build without good structural support.

BTW, my daughter (4) managed to collapse a spiral stariway tonight *laugh* so at least I can tell you the structural support testers have ruled the stairways no good. Ah well. Took me 30 minutes to get the thing back together without taking the entire floor apart.

And, as to the height, the top-most section comes off in two layers so I only have to pick up the bottom 7 floors or so. It's getting two heavy for the table and I have nightmares about the whole MOC collapsing. Indeed!

(and yes, as soon as I have a job again, Bricklink will be short on classic gray! *grin*)

Dave O
Jojo
Master

Re: Wizards Tower : Tower A completed (5 feet tall, ouch!)

Post by Jojo »

Hi Dave!

To answer your question: You are slightly madder than me. Your tower is about 20 inches taller than mine (if I counted correctly. *Megabloks*-non-decimalised system :wink: ) And this kind of madness is good.

Great tower that is! Very massive and awe-inspiring. Makes me wanna build something big again, too.

Bye
Jojo

Click me, I'm a link!
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Re : Tower

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Jojo! Hi again! You always have the best stuff! Prob my fav bit on the link you've included is the depth of the trees / garden and the glass windows against the spiral stair. How did you do that by the way -- without using the new Harry Potter 'especially weakened for your enjoyment' spiral stairway?

Once I have the last towers roofed off, I can do the final details in the rooms, the entryway bridge and the forrest / trees across the river. I don't think my internal detail will be anywhere as excellent at yours though! One reason I built the rooms so large was to have a Brikwar in there; I had to leave room to move figs around AND get your arm in there to do it. So, most of the rest of the detail / accent bits are going to be movable. I'll put up the pics when it's done!

Dave O
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Final Pics (I had to quit sometime!)

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Will, Jojo --

Well, tell me what you think about the final roofline and rooms. Good grief, I just had to quit on the main tower so I got lazy and put in a tree on top of Tower C. Ah well. But I figure, it's a Tree of Power -- and the roots grow into the tower to give it strength. Of course, there is not enough dirt under there for any other excuse ;)

Anyway, besides my very first tree (after a lot to drink--don't try that) comments?

AND, Jojo, I aspire to build the greenery like you! That's my next task. Ah well.

Dave O
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I aspire to have that much black brick!

Just looking at the tower again on brickshelf an thought I'd mention how much I'd like all that brick, sadly my collection of brick is smaller tham my collection of castle wall pieces.

Are you going to take pictures of your "good" army doing a seige?

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

WOW! :shock: That is the largest Castle MOC I have seen in a long time! I wish I had that many bricks. :P
DaveOhare01
Apprentice

Black Tower

Post by DaveOhare01 »

Will,

I think I will do the siege, but I have to repair damage (we were baby sitting the other night). I have to move, so it may be a month or so. Of course, it's too tall to fit in my car so I am still trying to figure out how to move the monster.

And, Matthew, I'm about one month away from being homeless. If that actually comes to pass, maybe you can buy the tower ;) At least unless I can figure out how to eat the dang thing.

Dave O