CCCXIII - Death of the Beast

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Grover
Peasant

CCCXIII - Death of the Beast

Post by Grover »

A cross-category using Star Wars parts for the Bring Out Your Dead category. Thought it was appropriate given the new movie. Let's face it--no one liked Jar-Jar anyway.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139107544@N04/ ... 2432481420
Zurem
Peasant

Re: CCCXIII - Death of the Beast

Post by Zurem »

I like this a lot!
The front-view picture is honestly my favorite, because it has a red roof and shields from old-school Lego,... the Black Knights... Plus it's nice and simplistic, the gatehouse/front, like King's Castle 6080, before stuff became so flamboyant.
My personal opinion.
I really love this. It's not 'trying too hard', although there was definitely A LOT of effort here, which makes it.... perfect :)
Grover
Peasant

Post by Grover »

Thanks! My apologies for the late response--I have been traveling and then came down with a monster cold so have been sick, but I appreciate the comments! I spent less time on this than my other entry (it's smaller too), but I think it may have turned out better. I am glad that you saw the old-school Lego castle design in there--it's kind of what I was going for. Partly did this as a joke with Jar-Jar being executed, but turned out better than I expected.
Wilfred of Ivanhoe
Peasant

Post by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »

This is hilarious!. Though personally, I always kind of liked Jar-Jar, this is still pretty funny. :lol: