The Dragon's New Shoes

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

The Dragon's New Shoes

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Well, I've gone and finally done it.

The Juvenile Dragon was built from mostly spare parts, left overs from the four mighty dragons and the griffon. Some of his mottled and thrown together look was intentional, some was not.

Over the years he's been built, I've been given a lot of constructive criticism on all parts of him. But no one part surpases the other than the criticism I've received over his rear feet.

Well, no more! Now that three of the four dragons have been reclaimed into their parts, I have redesigned his rear feet, and I am rather pleased with the result. I may go back and clean up the feet a bit, maybe try to remove that one corner, time (and parts) will tell.

You'll notice that he doesn't have claws on his rear toes like he does on his hands. That's a matter of part availability.

I'm also planning other changes to him, including *TRYING* to find other color click hinges to replace his current ones. Dark Grey I know I have. I'm going to shoot, however, for black and green. If I update him any further I'll be sure to post pics.

But now, the Dragon:

Before

After

Criticism is welcome and encouraged.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
forester3291
Merchant

Re: The Dragon's New Shoes

Post by forester3291 »

SavaTheAggie wrote:Well, no more! Now that three of the four dragons have been reclaimed into their parts, I have redesigned his rear feet, and I am rather pleased with the result. I may go back and clean up the feet a bit, maybe try to remove that one corner, time (and parts) will tell.
You wrecked three of your giant beautiflul dragons :cry: :!: :?:

SavaTheAggie wrote:Criticism is welcome and encouraged.

--Anthony

There is no criticism from me considering you have done better than I could ever wish to do.

This is a nice improvement on those starwars slopes you had for his feet.Does he like his "New Shoes"? Tell him I said hi and to enjoy tearing apart Ikros. Oh wait he's a nice dragon. Hey is he gonna get killed by that Gryfon rider? If so give his family my condelences :D

Edit] By the way. What type of cloth do you use for his wings and where did you get it
Space rocks.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

I like his new feet better, the dewclaw (sp) looks very nice. Reminds me of a dogs paw. Most dogs however, have their dewclaw removed because they're prone to breaking, hopfully that won't happen to your dragon.

Maybe it needs knife toe nails like the front feet?
It's a Christmas Miracle!
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

I like the new version much better. Very nice detail and nice way to do the teeth. Great job Sava.
"The Wise Warrior, When he moves, Is never confused; When he acts, Is never at a loss."
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=kaylinda]Vis Vires Toys[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... xivisvires]My Brickshelf[/url]
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

forester3291 wrote:You wrecked three of your giant beautiflul dragons :cry: :!: :?:
I announced this a long time ago, so its no wonder you might have missed it. Yes, the Black, Green and Blue dragons are no more, I've reclaimed their parts. However, I did keep their heads intact, so perhaps sometime in the distant future I will rebuild one of them like I did the Red dragon.
forester3291 wrote:There is no criticism from me considering you have done better than I could ever wish to do.

This is a nice improvement on those starwars slopes you had for his feet.Does he like his "New Shoes"? Tell him I said hi and to enjoy tearing apart Ikros. Oh wait he's a nice dragon. Hey is he gonna get killed by that Gryfon rider? If so give his family my condelences :D

Edit] By the way. What type of cloth do you use for his wings and where did you get it
The cloth I used for the wings is a stretchy, shiney, man-made material from an old Halloween Dracula cape we had lieing around. The fact that the fabric stretches really helps out in making the wings look better.
lil Jon wrote:I like his new feet better, the dewclaw (sp) looks very nice. Reminds me of a dogs paw. Most dogs however, have their dewclaw removed because they're prone to breaking, hopfully that won't happen to your dragon.

Maybe it needs knife toe nails like the front feet?
I'd love to do it, but like I said, I don't have the parts right now. Perhaps when I run into some money I'll make a BL order.
MaxiVisVires wrote:I like the new version much better. Very nice detail and nice way to do the teeth. Great job Sava.
Thanks much! I can't take credit for the teeth, though. I gotta give that credit to Travis Dickinson.

--Anthony
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Now those look like proper feet. Also, offer his family my condolences as well.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I'm amazed you could make that cooler then it already was :)

Since the other 3 dragons went to that big lego bucket in the sky, you should try making somthing else with the parts. Like a giant squid or somthing.... :wink:
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

SavaTheAggie wrote:
forester3291 wrote:You wrecked three of your giant beautiflul dragons :cry: :!: :?:
[qoute="SavaTheAggie"]I announced this a long time ago, so its no wonder you might have missed it. Yes, the Black, Green and Blue dragons are no more, I've reclaimed their parts. However, I did keep their heads intact, so perhaps sometime in the distant future I will rebuild one of them like I did the Red dragon.
forester3291 wrote:There is no criticism from me considering you have done better than I could ever wish to do.

The cloth I used for the wings is a stretchy, shiney, man-made material from an old Halloween Dracula cape we had lieing around. The fact that the fabric stretches really helps out in making the wings look better.[/qoute]

That's good that you still kept the heads. I can see why you took the others apart though. They just have taken up lots of shelf space not to mention bricks.

Ahh. So you killed Dracula for dragon wings ehh. Not such a bad trade :D
Space rocks.
Unknown Knight
Laborer

Post by Unknown Knight »

I love both of the Ikros sites (their both on my favorites folder). The young dragon just keeps getting cooler (or hotter, just ask those rocks in the temple). Just looking at him makes me want to build my own. Wait... not pieces :( .

Keep up the GREAT work! :D
the Unknown Knight
----------
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!