Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

The Duke of Chess and King and Queen of Checkers

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

The Duke of Chess and King and Queen of Checkers

Postby durazno33 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:40 am

The Duke of Chess and the King and Queen of Checkers
The King comes to visit his most loyal duke at the duke's home and finds that though they share a love of board games, the Duke's loyalties lie elsewhere.

Here is my entry photo album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/135669374@N02/albums/72157669972366673

durazno33
Peasant

Re: The Duke of Chess and King and Queen of Checkers

Postby Bruce N H » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:50 am

Such a fun idea. I love the giant chess pieces and lots of little architectural details. Also the pairing of that shield with the checkered flag was a great idea. Does this close up with those hinge parts, or is that just to make a connected U-shape to the room?

Bruce
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Postby durazno33 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:09 pm

Bruce N H wrote:Such a fun idea. I love the giant chess pieces and lots of little architectural details. Also the pairing of that shield with the checkered flag was a great idea. Does this close up with those hinge parts, or is that just to make a connected U-shape to the room?

Bruce

No, it doesn't close up at the moment. The hinges just allow for the flexibility to change angles.

I like the idea though. I wonder what it would look like in a circle so I might just give it a try by adding a couple more sections and then a door.
durazno33
Peasant

Postby Garmadon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Very neat build, Durazno, the large chess pieces are great, and the round window and other architectural details are excellent as well! :wink: Great idea with the King and Queen of Checkers too!
My Flickr
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts:
and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:7
Garmadon
Villein

Postby soccerkid6 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:42 pm

The building layout is really attractive. Great use of color as well with the stained glass windows providing a nice focal point.
Superb entry :D
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
My website: http://brickbuilt.org Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/66620538@N04/
soccerkid6
Knight

Return to Castle MOCs